PDA

View Full Version : POSTGRESQL Problem for Windows 7

abcdefghi
01-02-2010, 08:32 AM
So, I decided I want to install HEM on a different computer (my second pc) which is running windows 7. I downloaded HEM and it installed properly after I used the serial number. I then tried to D/L Postgresql version 8.3 and I got far, until I got to the "Initialize database cluster" page. I had everything correct, except when I look at the HEM FAQ page, it tells me to change the Encoding server to SQL_ASCII. I cannot find this option it's not on the list and the default one is WIN252. I then went to the Postgresql website and noticed there is an updated version of 8.4. I tried downloading that, and did successfully but there was no setup wizard like 8.3. And when i open HEM it says it cannot connect to postgreql would you like HEM to start the service? It then says HEM was unable to start the service. Then another boxup pops up that says "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again. I click ok then nothing happens.Any words of advice? Thanks for the help!

fozzy71
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Reinstall postgresql, using these steps - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

abcdefghi
01-04-2010, 01:39 AM
this worked, thanks for the help.