PDA

View Full Version : Notes

PeaceFr0g
01-01-2010, 10:56 PM
I can't get Hold'em Manager to import notes. Actually, I'm not as concerned about importing as exporting. I'm afraid to even try export until I'm sure the import works. I don't want to erase all my player notes I've made while playing.

I'm pointing it to the PokerStars directory, which is where several note files are. But nothing. Is there something I'm not doing correctly? Thanks.

Patvs
01-02-2010, 03:03 AM
The import/export notes in HM concern notes taken in HM.
They're not compatible with PokerStars notes.

Hud Options--> Player Preferecnes--> Appearance tab--> Show Note Icon<---- it is this note icon where you can take HM notes.

PeaceFr0g
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
The import/export notes in HM concern notes taken in HM.
They're not compatible with PokerStars notes.

Hud Options--> Player Preferecnes--> Appearance tab--> Show Note Icon<---- it is this note icon where you can take HM notes.

Thanks, but I already knew about this. I guess I don't understand why, if you are simply typing notes directly into the HM HUD, do you need an import/export feature? Where are these notes being imported/exported to?

If I take a note on a player during play, it will show up in the replayer without having to import it. Likewise, I'm pretty sure if I take a note while replaying a hand, it will be there when the HUD pops up on that player while playing.

Also, why are there specifically [import from Smart Notes Stars Folder], and [Import from PokerStars] options?

It's a shame HEM doesn't have this feature. I got pretty used to it with PT3. Please consider implementing this capability in a future update. I would think it's a pretty simple matter to allow importing and exporting directly from the poker site's note file. Thanks.

fozzy71
01-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Thanks, but I already knew about this. I guess I don't understand why, if you are simply typing notes directly into the HM HUD, do you need an import/export feature? Where are these notes being imported/exported to?

If I take a note on a player during play, it will show up in the replayer without having to import it. Likewise, I'm pretty sure if I take a note while replaying a hand, it will be there when the HUD pops up on that player while playing.

The notes are stored inside of the PostgreSQL database. If your database dies, the notes are gone. This is why we recommend you export them.

Also, why are there specifically [import from Smart Notes Stars Folder], and [Import from PokerStars] options?

It's a shame HEM doesn't have this feature. I got pretty used to it with PT3. Please consider implementing this capability in a future update. I would think it's a pretty simple matter to allow importing and exporting directly from the poker site's note file. Thanks.

You can import notes from the pokerstars notes.txt file, but you can not export your HM notes to it. They are exported to their own .hmnotes file that can be imported by HM later.