PDA

View Full Version : Steal limped pot stat is not correct

berya
01-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Steal limped pot stat is not correct. It looks like hud is doubling it's value. I first just noticed it for a certain player (4k hands) which I was like wow there is not way this guy's steal limped pot is 40% it turned out it was still high for him but not 40! it was only 20. I then checked two other players same thing. Then I checked myself for the past month and sure enough it is double.

Add steal limped pot stat to winnings summary report. Run the report. Review any one of the hands in replayer, the hud stat will be doubled.

netsrak
01-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Which HM version are you using?

How old is your database?

berya
01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Which HM version are you using?

How old is your database?

~2.5years

fozzy71
01-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Add steal limped pot stat to winnings summary report. Run the report. Review any one of the hands in replayer, the hud stat will be doubled.

Which HUD stat are you comparing the Steal from Limpers stat with? I dont think there is a similar HUD stat yet.

berya
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Which HUD stat are you comparing the Steal from Limpers stat with? I dont think there is a similar HUD stat yet.

Fozzy I'm not quite sure what your question really is. The HUD stat is called "STEAL LIMPED POT". (hud options - player preferences - expand misc - steal limped pot. Or bring up any hand for review, click on hud to display all default stats for a player, it will show up on default panel all the way at the bottom.

netsrak
01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Please post some screenshots to make it clearer for us.

But i think the old database can be the problem. Many stats were introduced later and would need a import of the old hands into a new database to be calculated correctly for older hands.

berya
01-02-2010, 01:32 PM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1572/steallimpedpot.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/i/steallimpedpot.jpg/)

berya
01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
P.S. Please also notice the number of hands which is identical. I set additional hud filters to only retrieve hands to the hud layout for the last month and from the same limit. And they matched hand for hand to the winnings summary report.

berya
01-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Please post some screenshots to make it clearer for us.

But i think the old database can be the problem. Many stats were introduced later and would need a import of the old hands into a new database to be calculated correctly for older hands.

I just checked the database on my new laptop (laptop is only 4 months old and the data has been loaded for 2009 from scratch). Same thing.

netsrak
01-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks, i'll forward it to the developers

B-Money
01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I see the issue and I'll forward it to Programming for a response.

Thanks,
-B

Mike chops
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Steal limped pot in the HUD refers to situation where the player is last to act post-flop in a pot where everybody limped. You probably don't see it too much at higher stakes, but a lot of lower level fish will limp the BTN and automatically bet if it is checked to them on the flop.

I agree the wording is confusing and I'll work with Roy to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Clemenza
03-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Steal limped pot in the HUD refers to situation where the player is last to act post-flop in a pot where everybody limped. You probably don't see it too much at higher stakes, but a lot of lower level fish will limp the BTN and automatically bet if it is checked to them on the flop.

I agree the wording is confusing and I'll work with Roy to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

The stat available in Reports called "Steal Limped Pot" seems to refer to the situation where 1 or more players has limped and hero raises pre-flop.

Is this stat available in the HUD under a different name? If it's not there, can you add it, please?

Thanks.

berya
03-03-2010, 04:24 AM
The stat available in Reports called "Steal Limped Pot" seems to refer to the situation where 1 or more players has limped and hero raises pre-flop.

Is this stat available in the HUD under a different name? If it's not there, can you add it, please?

Thanks.

When I posted the problem originally I was sure it referred to 1 or more players limping PREFLOP and GETTING RAISED PREFLOP. Actually I'm still sure it is preflop. There is SIMPLY no WAY it is after preflop (if it is the data is absolutely useless - meaning it is coming from the sky/some other stat). The data I used was from 5-10nl. And some of the players I checked -- WELL they simply don't limp preflop. They either raise or fold. It is not possible for them to even have 1/10 of the opportunities on the flop that the stat shows.

Clemenza
03-05-2010, 03:14 AM
berya: "Steal Limped Pot" in the HUD is a different stat than "Steal Limped Pot" in Reports.

moomies
03-08-2010, 06:10 AM
are there any other stats as badly worded as this one?

Clemenza
03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Adding the Reports version to the HUD would be a useful addition, regardless of the wording.