PDA

View Full Version : New Database?

structure
12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
How can I backup my whole database? Is there a single file that I can burn to CD, or should I export every single hand/tournament summery? Should I do both?

Also, If I want to start a new database for the new year, how can I go about doing that? Is there any way to create a new database but combine it with my old database?

I also want to make sure I backup my player notes and also my HUD settings. Which files should I be burning to my CD?

thanks

Patvs
12-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Backup - three ways:
-1 save all your original handhistories in the archive folder (recommended)
-2 Go to Database Management--> export database
-3 In pgAdminIII--> backup database (also recommended: backup will be 1/10 the size of your database, perfect to burn to CD)

New database:
Options-->Database Management
(combining/merging databases is NOT possible)

Backup HM info:
-backup your rakeback/bonus INFO! (export rakeback and bonus)
-your NOTES! (export notes)
-your HUD (export HUD)
-->to be save also just backup your entire HoldemManager/config folder

MegaDisgruntled
12-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Backup - three ways:
-1 save all your original handhistories in the archive folder (recommended)
-2 Go to Database Management--> export database
-3 In pgAdminIII--> backup database (also recommended: backup will be 1/10 the size of your database, perfect to burn to CD)

New database:
Options-->Database Management
(combining/merging databases is NOT possible)

Backup HM info:
-backup your rakeback/bonus INFO! (export rakeback and bonus)
-your NOTES! (export notes)
-your HUD (export HUD)
-->to be save also just backup your entire HoldemManager/config folder

How do I use my old database for HUD retrieval?

Patvs
12-31-2009, 11:47 PM
If you only have one HUD--> saving the default HUD in the config folder is enough.

But... if you use multiple HUDs--> first go to HUD Options--> Player Preferences--> and export your custom HUDs

MegaDisgruntled
01-05-2010, 06:46 PM
If you only have one HUD--> saving the default HUD in the config folder is enough.

But... if you use multiple HUDs--> first go to HUD Options--> Player Preferences--> and export your custom HUDs

I just started a brand new database for 2010. I want to retrieve the 2009 stats and place them in the hud as well as what I have accumulated for 2010 so far. How can I do this?

netsrak
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Its not possible to use stats from 2 databases.

The only way would be to import the 2009 hands to the new database and purge them directly after the import.