PDA

View Full Version : HUD stats I can't find explanations for

shuman
12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I've searched the Forum and read many FAQ's, and I cannot find the definitions of the following newer-type HUD stats. Could you please define them for me? Thank you.

**Open_4-bet--Does this mean a player raises, another player 3-bets, then the original raiser 4-bets? If so, does the stat get updated if the original raiser/4-bettor is the First player into the pot AND if there are limpers before him, or ONLY if the original raiser is First into the pot?

**Fold Vs resteal--Does this mean a player in the CO opening raises after everyone folds to him, and then the Btn or SB 3-bets and the CO folds? Or, the Btn opening raises after everyone folds to him, and then the SB 3-bets and the Btn folds? Would these 2 situations also update the involved players' 3-bet stats?

**cold 4 bet--In the HUD update Suggestion link forum I saw that this stat update has been completed, but it is NOT currently offered as an available HUD stat. Do you know when this stat will be available in the HUD?

Patvs
12-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Fold Vs resteal

A player in late position raises (=steal): this can be a CO, BTN and SB raise.
A player next to act will 3bets (=resteal)---> % the initial raiser folds = Fold vs Resteal.

Any 3bet will also effect the players 3bet stats, whether it is a normal 3bet or a resteal.

shuman
12-31-2009, 05:43 PM
**Fold Vs resteal
So, if the SB opening raises, the BB 3-bets, and the SB folds, this also goes towards the SB's Fold Vs resteal stat?

What about?:

**Open_4-bet

**cold 4 bet

Patvs
12-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm googling these answers from PocketFives:

**Open_4-bet

??

**cold 4 bet

"It's cold if the person making the 4-bet hadn't already put money into the pot, i.e. didn't limp or make the 2 or 3-bet. Cold 4bet is when player A raises, player B 3bets and then you 4bet w/o being involved at all previously.

(normal) 4bet is more general. If you raise, then someone 3bets you, you can 4bet the person but its not a cold 4betbecause you have already done action in the hand."

shuman
01-01-2010, 09:22 PM
So, how do I find out the definition for Open_4-bet?

Do you know why cold 4 bet is NOT yet listed as a stat that I can add to my HUD even though it says on the HUD Suggestion forum website that it has been "completed"?

Patvs
01-02-2010, 02:34 AM
When googling Open 4bet I found 4-5 blog posts of people using the term, but couldn't figure out what they were talking about:

Question: do you at all play DEEP STACKED CASH? (200+ BB stacks)

Cold 4bet will be implemented soon as the suggestion forum says so. However, it's an extremely rare situation stat. Only if you play deepstacked HU, would you find a use for it.

shuman
01-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Open_4-bet--Yes, I actually try to play DEEP STACKED CASH $1/2 NLHE whenever tables are available. I will play ALL of the ones that are available at the same time (anywhere from 4-14). I hate playing against small 20 BB stacks, and the DEEP tables prevent these players from playing with such a small stack.

If this stat is what I think it is, then I think it could be very useful to me. Sometimes when I 3-bet a player's opening raise, I feel as though they are 4-betting me with a wider range of hands, but I can't always be sure with just his 4-bet stat. I thought maybe the Open_4-bet would be more helpful in this particular situation.

I Googled the term and found a reply post by morny stating the following 2 explanations:

Cold_call_3bet

Where someone raises, another person 3bets and someone other than the original raiser calls

Open_4-bet

Similar to above, someone raises, someone 3bets and a 3rd person other than the original raiser 4bets

I'm not sure I agree with his definition of Open_4-bet though. I think he's referring to Cold 4bet. I think Open_4-bet probably means a player raises, another player 3-bets, then the original raiser 4-bets? I have no idea though if the stat gets updated if the original raiser/4-bettor is the First player into the pot AND if there are limpers before him, or ONLY if the original raiser is First into the pot?

Cold 4bet--I understand what you're saying. Now that you mention it, I don't know why I was cocerned with this term. It really doesn't ever happen at Full Ring.

Thanks.

fozzy71
01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
If this stat is what I think it is, then I think it could be very useful to me. Sometimes when I 3-bet a player's opening raise, I feel as though they are 4-betting me with a wider range of hands, but I can't always be sure with just his 4-bet stat. .....

Have you tried using the Four-bet Range stat?

Four Bet Range

4bet range is calculated by: Total PFR divided by Total 4bet %. The thing to keep in mind is that most 4bet situations will involve later positions and PFR and 4bet % will be higher from late position than the overall PFR and 4bet would be. As 4bet by position isn’t currently being compiled it would take a major overhaul to have it calculated the latter way but it will be introduced in the future.

shuman
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Have you tried using the Four-bet Range stat?

Yes, I already have this stat in my HUD, but I don't really use it too much. Maybe I should focus on it more. Not sure how helpful it is though. I usually just look at 4-bet %.