PDA

View Full Version : Auto import conflict, partypoker, fphg, HEM

mofo
12-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Conditions:

Partypoker client saves its hh's into folder A.

FPHG saves hh's into folder B, and the live hh's into folder B\live. It needs to output hands that hero is playing to get bet pot scripts working.

HEM is set to autoimport from both A and B. It needs to import from A to get correct hand histories from the hands that hero has played. It also needs to import from B to import hands while only observing.

Problem:

FPHG sometimes outputs malformed hh's (because the memory space where the hh's are read from, are constantly being rewritten with new hh's, this is not fixable by 3rd party programs, so please don't suggest that) that are still imported by HEM. What happens then, is that the live tracking in the HUD doesn't show the hand at all, and the hand is incomplete in the database, and/or is stored as observed hand which causes the hand basically to be invisible for HEM GUI and reports. The correct HH is not imported from folder A because it already exists in the database.

Suggested solution:

Add an option to Add Auto Import Folder dialog, where it's possible to exclude hands played by hero (hole cards are known from the beginning) from being imported. This would allow importing only observed hh's from folder B, and played hh's from folder A, and prevent malformed hands from being imported.

Improve the hh parser of the importer, for example, reject hands where the winner is not found, or is someone who wasn't sitting at the table at the start of the hand, or if there are random actions from players who are not at the table, etc.

PS. This issue has nothing to do with Vista/Win7, UAC, admin accounts, firewalls or anti-virus programs. :)

netsrak
12-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks, i'll forward it for a internal discussion.

Mike chops
12-31-2009, 04:20 PM
You don't need to add the FPHG folder to the auto-import list for live tracking to work. You just need to set up the HUD Options->Site Options->Party and make sure the 'live' folder is correct.

If you are importing hands from FPHG, don't import the sub folders (including the live hands)

It's better to set up FreePHG to only write observed hands. There is a setting in the FreePHG.ini file to do this.

mofo
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Mike, as I said in my OP, HEM is set to import from the FPHG folder because that will allow importing observed hands. HEM is set to NOT import subfolder(s) of FPHG. If FPHG is set to write only observed hands, bet pot scripts will stop working.

Rvg72
01-01-2010, 01:20 PM
For the short term your best bet is to remove the auto importing of observed hands and instead use "Import Folder" periodically. One thing I am thinking about doing is letting you set an auto import path priority so, for example, if you set the FPHG one to low priority it will only check for hands say every 3rd cycle (so 15 seconds by default) and after the other auto import folders.

Roy

ata
01-04-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm having this exact problem myself where corrupted FPHG HH's are being inserted instead of the proper Party HH. Since I need to import observed HH's I can't turn it off, and I can't set FPHG to only create observed HH's because I need the live ones I'm in for BetPot to work.

A solution would be greatly appreciated.

ata
01-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Ps. An optimal solution would be to delay a certain folder for 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds. So it would collect the fresh HH's first within 5 seconds, and then skip them in the observed folder since they're duplicate.

If you only do it every 3rd cycle, then there's still the possibility that a corrupt FPHG file gets inserted on each 3rd cycle.