PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1' - Please Help!

Dex77
12-30-2009, 03:44 AM
I am getting the "Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'" error when trying to start HEM.

I am running Vista.
I am logging in as Administrator (which I don't usually do).
I downloaded and installed the latest HEM release (1.09.03 as of this post).
I have turned off UAC.
I have completely uninstalled AVG anti-virus.
I have turned off Windows Firewall.
I have turned off Windows Defender.
I am not running any other firewall/anti-virus software.
I have gone through FAQs #34 and #171 step-by-step.
Nothing has worked so far.

Please help.

netsrak
12-30-2009, 06:26 AM
As first try reboot your computer.

If that doesn't help go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data and look for a file called "postmaster.pid". If you see it, delete it. (Do NOT delete any other file). Its a hidden system file so it might be necessary to change your folder options to make this visible. After deleting it reboot your computer again.

If it still doesn't work, did you check all this? http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=22409

veritas
12-31-2009, 12:51 PM
I have this exact same problem. I have gone through all these exact same steps. The only way that i can get mine to work is to uninstall and reinstall postgresql. And that works for a couple of days. And then it stops working. So i have to constantly uninstall and reinstall postgresql every couple of days. It sucks...:(

veritas
12-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok well i got mine to work. I went through all the firewall exceptions and turned off windows defender and all that. And it still didnt work. So then i noticed that i had folders on my computer for version 8.3 and 8.4 of postgresql. And im currently using 8.4, so i deleted the 8.3 folder. And still didnt work. So then i thought that i would try to manually stop the service and start the service. When i tried to stop the service i received an error message. So then i tried to start the service. And again i received an error message. But the error message stated something about 'unable to login to server' or something like that, i dont remember exactly. I remembered reading at the bottom of the help page regarding this issue here on the forum about that. So i went back to that help page here (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171) . And i followed the steps at the bottom about 'The following fix has proved successful for some people experiencing issues with PostgreSQL not starting.' I went to services.msc and right clicked on the postgressql service and hit properties. and then i clicked on the logon tab. then i changed this account to local system account. i hit apply and restarted my computer and started hold em manager and it works now! anyways, this just worked for me and i hope that it helps you.

ITSMAAAGIC!!!
01-02-2010, 08:22 AM
I went to services.msc and right clicked on the postgressql service and hit properties. and then i clicked on the logon tab. then i changed this account to local system account. i hit apply and restarted my computer and started hold em manager and it works now! anyways, this just worked for me and i hope that it helps you.

Thanks veritas!

I had the same problem, tried all the steps mentioned in the FAQs but it didn't help.

Now HEM works again!