PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager keep importing same files

PazMan
12-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I've had the autoimport feature working before but I've changed the location of the files so that I can share the data between two computers. Basically what I did is changed the saved files in Stars to go to the shared music folder on the network instead my original location. That way I can also update my laptop copy of holdem manager. My problem is the auto import function on the main computer (Vista) keep importing the same hhs over and over again. I had this issue in the past but somehow fixed it. Any thoughts? Also should the autoimport setup in hem have the same directory for the archive as the original location? Thanks.

Any help or link on how to get both copies working in synch would be appreciated.

Pazman

fozzy71
12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I've had the autoimport feature working before but I've changed the location of the files so that I can share the data between two computers. Basically what I did is changed the saved files in Stars to go to the shared music folder on the network instead my original location. That way I can also update my laptop copy of holdem manager. My problem is the auto import function on the main computer (Vista) keep importing the same hhs over and over again. I had this issue in the past but somehow fixed it. Any thoughts?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Also should the autoimport setup in hem have the same directory for the archive as the original location? ......

NO

I recommend they are nowhere near each other.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

PazMan
12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Here is the config file. Thank you.

PazMan
12-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure how but while messing around this issue has been resolved. It's no longer importing the same hhs over and over again. Synch with laptop seems as if it's manageable as well. Now if I can just get psql service to stop quitting after 30 seconds I'll be good. ;)

Thanks!

netsrak
12-30-2009, 06:08 AM
You have your Archive folder configured under your handhistory folder. That is wrong - you should use a different folder separated from the handhistory folder.

Your pgsql problem is probably a firewall issue.

PazMan
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks. It turned out to be a logon issue. I checked the logs and was getting an error that role system didn't exist. I finally had to add a user to my pc called postgres and change the logon through the services page and now it works. Probably not the most direct solution but.....

PazMan
12-31-2009, 04:33 PM
OK, worked great until rebott. Now I'm getting the following....

2009-12-31 12:23:05 CST LOG: could not receive data from client: Unknown winsock error 10061
2009-12-31 12:23:05 CST LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection
2009-12-31 12:23:05 CST LOG: could not receive data from client: Unknown winsock error 10061
2009-12-31 12:23:05 CST LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection
2009-12-31 12:23:34 CST LOG: received fast shutdown request
2009-12-31 12:23:34 CST LOG: aborting any active transactions
2009-12-31 12:23:34 CST LOG: autovacuum launcher shutting down
2009-12-31 12:23:34 CST LOG: shutting down
2009-12-31 12:23:34 CST LOG: database system is shut down

fozzy71
12-31-2009, 06:42 PM
It sounds like you should try to reinstall postgresql (the same version) and use your same\current \postgresql\data folder, to try and restore the DB.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.