PDA

View Full Version : HUD error & shutdown with Windows 7

shuman
12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
As I was observing 6 open cash game tables on Full Tilt Poker, I was also changing and applying my HUD stats in HEM under "HUD Options" > "Player Preferences". After about 20 minutes, there was a popup error message saying:

"HMhud.exe (I believe this was the .exe file that was shown, but I'm not 100% positive) has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."

Then the HUDs disappeared from all the tables. I stopped then re-started Auto-Import in HM, then the HUD's re-appeared but in random spots on all the tables, not to the positions that I had moved them to previously and that had been saved. I then stopped Auto-Import > exited Table Manager > closed HM > re-opened HM > start Auto-Import

Then, no files were being imported and no HUDs appeared. So, I stopped Auto-Import > exit Table Manager > close HM; then also closed Full Tilt Poker.
I re-opened Full Tilt Poker and HM, re-opened the same tables, start Auto-Import, and the HUDs still would NOT appear. So I added HMhud.exe to the "Allow Exception" list in Windows Firewall, and finally the HUDs re-appeared but still in random places.

**Is there any easy way I can retore my HUD positions for each seat at the table without manually moving each individual seat's HUD to the position I want?

**Is there a specific file I can copy & paste onto my desktop that has my saved HUD stat locations for each of the seats at the table, so that if this error happends again, I can use the file as a backup and restore my position settings?

**Could this error have occurred because of Windows Firewall or free AVG Anti-Virus? I was wanting to wait to see if anything happened with my new computer before I added any "Allow Exception" files to either of those 2 programs.

**If you think I should add HMhud.exe to the "Allow Exception" list of both programs (already listed in Windows Firewall), should I also just go ahead and add all the following files as well?

DBControlPanel.exe
holdemmanager.exe
pg_ctl.exe
postgres (This exact file name is already listed in my Windows Firewall's Allowed Exceptions list. I'm not sure which file this is exactly, and/or how it differs from the next file except the way they're listed in the Windows Firewall's Allowed Exceptions.)
postgres.exe (listed as "PostgreSQL Server" in Windows Firewall's Allowed Exceptions after I find and select the postgres.exe file)
Full Tilt Poker.exe

Btw, I've already disabled user access control (UAC) via C: > Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > Add or remove user accounts > Go to the main User Accounts page > Change User Account Control settings > Never notify > OK > Re-start computer

So, I don't think the UAC could have caused the error message.

Thank you.

netsrak
12-29-2009, 07:27 AM
You should save your holdemmanager config folder. He contains all the settings. The positions of the Hud stats are in the pref* files.
There is no way to restore the old ones when they get damaged during the crash.
I think the Hud crashed because of the open tables you were prefetching together with changing the settings. This is not a usual way to use the Hud.
If everything else works you should leave your firewall settings as they are at the moment.

shuman
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM
I think the Hud crashed because of the open tables you were prefetching together with changing the settings. This is not a usual way to use the Hud.

**Do you advise another method I should use to change and update my HUD stats and appearances then?

I thought this would be the best way via HUD Options > Player Preferences > click "Apply" after adding/removing items under "Display these stats"; all the while having one or a few tables open and pre-fetching so I can actually see what the updates look like.

If everything else works you should leave your firewall settings as they are at the moment.

The HUD currently will NOT appear unless I have HMhud.exe added to the "Allow Exception" list of Windows Firewall? So, I guess I'll just keep this one .exe file added to the firewall exception list for now.

Thank you.

netsrak
12-30-2009, 06:29 AM
To adjust your Hud you should open 1 micro limit table and play at this table while doing the adjustments.

shuman
12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Do you know if I actually have to be playing at the table, or can I just sit down at the table and "sit out"?

netsrak
12-31-2009, 06:44 AM
You should be playing for adjustments, or at least play one hand to get the stats moved to the correct positions (if you use preferred seating) and then you can sit-out.

shuman
12-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Also, should I have "Auto Import" ON or OFF while I'm making adjustments?

netsrak
01-01-2010, 08:24 AM
You should have it on otherwise you have no Hud

shuman
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
But I can turn "Auto Import" ON, then once the HUD appears, turn it OFF. I just wasn't sure if I should do this, or just leave it ON the whole time while I'm changing the stats

netsrak
01-02-2010, 06:47 AM
That should work too.

Why is this such a big discussion point for you? Are you adjusting your stats every day? Its just a one time work i think.

shuman
01-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Sorry if I come across as a pain. I don't mean to be. I just like to be thorough. I decided to make my own "clones" the other day after messing around in the Popup Configuration and I'm still tinkering with what I want displayed and how I want it to look. I've also already mentioned thay I was also having problems with a HUD error (actually still am sometimes) that causes my HUD to suddenly close, and sometimes I lose the updates I made. So, I want to make sure I'm updating my HUD properly so it won't crash, or at least do the thing that will make it most unlikely to crash.

I have some more questions I was hoping you can help me with too, if you don't mind.

I am now having problems with my new 64-bit Windows 7 computer freezing, and sometimes this causes the same problem I was having when my HUD crashed when I was updating it--the position of each player's HUD at the table AFTER I disconnect my laptop battery and re-boot is not always where it was BEFORE the freeze. What I do to guard against the freezing is save a copy of my Holdem Manager>"Config" folder on my desktop, and I will copy-paste this back into C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ to replace the "Config" folder and restore my saved HUD settings if they get erased from the freezing, but this does NOT always restore the position of each player's HUD.

You said in a previous reply in this thread that:

The positions of the Hud stats are in the pref* files.
**Are all the pref* files in my "Config" folder?

There is no way to restore the old ones when they get damaged during the crash.
**So, to clarify, there is NO way for me to restore my old HUD positions from a particular file/folder if a HUD.exe program crashed or my computer freezes?

**Also, does the number of stats I display in the HUDs affect the likelihood of my computer freezing (ie: Does using more stats increase the probability of my computer freezing?)?

Thank you.

netsrak
01-03-2010, 07:52 AM
I am now having problems with my new 64-bit Windows 7 computer freezing, and sometimes this causes the same problem I was having when my HUD crashed when I was updating it--the position of each player's HUD at the table AFTER I disconnect my laptop battery and re-boot is not always where it was BEFORE the freeze. What I do to guard against the freezing is save a copy of my Holdem Manager>"Config" folder on my desktop, and I will copy-paste this back into C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ to replace the "Config" folder and restore my saved HUD settings if they get erased from the freezing, but this does NOT always restore the position of each player's HUD.

You said in a previous reply in this thread that:

**Are all the pref* files in my "Config" folder?

**So, to clarify, there is NO way for me to restore my old HUD positions from a particular file/folder if a HUD.exe program crashed or my computer freezes?

Yes they are, its pospref*.txt and prefs.xml. to copy the backup files back should do it.

**Also, does the number of stats I display in the HUDs affect the likelihood of my computer freezing (ie: Does using more stats increase the probability of my computer freezing?)?

Thank you.
No, your Computer freeeze should never be caused by Holdemmanager. I think its more of a hardware, operating system problem.