PDA

View Full Version : HUD noob needs help !!

gypsysuicide
12-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I installed HEM and cannot figure out how to get the display on my full tilt room.

it is importing all my info when i look at tourneys or cash but i cant see stats like i thought i would.

is this normal?

thanks in advance for all you help

Patvs
12-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Make sure the hand histories are in English.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

gypsysuicide
12-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Thank You.

I am not sure what all of that means but ill give it a whirl

yes its vista

gypsysuicide
12-28-2009, 10:48 PM
ok

Everytime I download an upgrade it does not let me use the existing shortcut on my desktop. Is this normal?

is says that theres an error and it cannot be used.

I wasnt sure what above meant so i went into my files found the main holdem manager file and right clicked run as admin. it seemed to work, except when i now open the shortcut (new one) it is frozen on the HEM rectangle and it says its initializing database. 1.10 beta 5

gypsysuicide
12-28-2009, 10:59 PM
hi,

It works!!!!!!!!!!!

I just right click the shortcut and run as admin.

Thank you

now to go find out what all these numbers mean....:confused:

fozzy71
12-28-2009, 11:34 PM
hi,

It works!!!!!!!!!!!

I just right click the shortcut and run as admin.

......:

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

gypsysuicide
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
thanks. Not sure what that means fozzy. im not very computer litterate so laymen terms may work best

thanks for the help though

fozzy71
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
start > computer

go to C:\program files (x86)\rvg software\holdem manager

right-click > properties > compatibility tab > [x] run this program as an administrator

Do that for all 3 files mentioned.

gypsysuicide
01-01-2010, 09:24 PM
your the best :)

thank you, and happy new year

so i dont start a new thread ill just ask here...

VP$IP number is my first one, Im still in default mode. Does this number represent a percent of the hands or number of hands they put money in with.

I would love a stat that says how many hands they've played so i can quickly look at how many they've been dealt.

:) Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fozzy71
01-01-2010, 09:37 PM
vpip is a percent of hands

hud options > player preferences

You will see the Default HUD config. The last stat on the bottom row is the number of Hands.

Here is how you setup custom HUDs.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

gypsysuicide
01-01-2010, 09:42 PM
ok thanks.

So there no way to tell exactly how many they've played ?

say the hand number is 75, my understanding is thats how many theyve been dealt.

thanks

netsrak
01-02-2010, 06:49 AM
You will see the Default HUD config. The last stat on the bottom row is the number of Hands.

Thats the number of hands in the HUD. The VPIP gives you the % of this hands he played