PDA

View Full Version : Totally messed up the install

calmo
12-27-2009, 07:53 PM
so i installed postgres and hem/omaha properly (trial version), everything was working, including importing hhs.
i then deleted all the extracted installation files from my desktop, leaving only the link to open hem.
currently working with fulltilt hhs only, have the files saved to default directory.
at this point, autoimport stopped getting new hh files.
i then proceeded to (very stupidly) uninstall and reinstall postgres and hem, and at this point im having a whole bunch of errors when i start hem.
first error:
the following error occured when trying to open the database: FATAL 3D000: database "xxxxDB" does not exist
then it gives this error
an error occured while reading the config/holdemmanager.config file: access to the path 'c:\program files\(x86)\rvg...holdemmanager.config is denied.
holdem manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for your.
at the same time, it pops up with
import is still running, do you still want to exit and have HEM stop the import.
after clicking off of these messages, i get a microsoft.net framework error
unhandled exception has occured in your application, if you click continue app will ignore error and continue...
access to the path is denied

help appreciated!!!
(if its easier to delete everything and start over, i can do that, but please tell me how to delete EVERYTHING, because otherwise i seem to have some remnants of previous installs hanging around)

thanks guys
jake

calmo
12-27-2009, 08:16 PM
if its easier, and anyone can help me on skype, id really enjoy the chance to learn how this whole thing works

Patvs
12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
pm sent +

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.