PDA

View Full Version : transferring HEM & HUD settings & saved hands to new computer

shuman
12-27-2009, 01:52 AM
How do I backup HEM and my Database

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to re-install Holdem Manger without losing all of my settings and preferences. Can this be done? - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm....aspx?faqid=98

You want to make sure you backup your Processed/Archived hand histories, your entire \config folder, and your exportednotes file. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=119. I usually just copy my entire \Holdem Manager directory.

>>So, can I just copy my ENTIRE \Holdem Manager folder from my old Windows XP laptop onto a memory stick and then paste and replace the folder in my new Windows 7 laptop?

Make sure you export your tournament summaries: Tourney > Results > Dataview > All Hands > Right-Click > Export Tourney Results and Summaries.

>>To transfer the actual hand histories to my new computer do I also need to individually select each tournament in the above location (Tourney > Results > Dataview) > All Hands > Right-click in LOWER half of screen where the individual hands are displayed > Export All Hands to Hard Drive

The hands would then be in the "ExportedHands" folder in my \Holdem Manager folder.

I would also make sure you manually export the database to hand history text files:

HM > Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands

>>Is it also necessary for me to do this if I have already done: HM > Cash Games > Hands > select the filter date > All hands > Right-click in LOWER part of screen where the individual hands are displayed > Export All Hands to Hard Drive

Thank you.

fozzy71
12-27-2009, 01:13 PM
>>So, can I just copy my ENTIRE \Holdem Manager folder from my old Windows XP laptop onto a memory stick and then paste and replace the folder in my new Windows 7 laptop?

Yes, BUT:

Your W7 auto import folder paths wont be the same as on your XP machine, so make sure you check and fix all of the various settings from your old installation.

>>To transfer the actual hand histories to my new computer do I also need to individually select each tournament in the above location (Tourney > Results > Dataview) > All Hands > Right-click in LOWER half of screen where the individual hands are displayed > Export All Hands to Hard Drive

No

options > database management > export hands

>>Is it also necessary for me to do this if I have already done: HM > Cash Games > Hands > select the filter date > All hands > Right-click in LOWER part of screen where the individual hands are displayed > Export All Hands to Hard Drive

Thank you.

This is only for small/filtered exports. You should not do this for large, bulk exports. This is a workaround for our missing hand history export filters. This method of exporting from the Hands tab is very CPU intensive, compared to using the DB Control Panel.

shuman
12-27-2009, 02:43 PM
This is only for small/filtered exports. You should not do this for large, bulk exports. This is a workaround for our missing hand history export filters. This method of exporting from the Hands tab is very CPU intensive, compared to using the DB Control Panel.

I have already use the Hands tab to filter and export 233 MB of hands (at least 200,000 of my own hands) into the "ExportedHands" folder in my \Holdem Manager folder. I used the Hands tab method because I thought it would be the most effective since I do not actually want to transfer ALL of my saved hands to my new computer. I only selected about half of them from certain months.

You're definitely right about this method being CPU intensive. It took a very long time for me to do this even after breaking up the hands into chunks of 10,000-20,000 hands.

My concern would be that my trying to paste my \Holdem Manager folder into my new computer and then importing all of the hands into HM from my \Holdem Manager\ExportedHands folder would be too CPU intensive after having exported my hands via the Hands tab method in my old computer.

>>So, should I delete all of these hands that I have already exported into the \Holdem Manager\ExportedHands folder and then use the DB Control Panel option to export the hands instead?

>>Is my understanding about the DB Control Panel method correct in that it would transfer ALL of my saved hands and that I do not have the option of filtering which hands are exported?

>>Using the DB Control Panel option, do the exported hands also go to the \Holdem Manager\ExportedHands folder as in using the Hands tab?

netsrak
12-28-2009, 07:41 AM
For the import speed it makes no difference how you exported the hands. The more hands you import the longer it takes.

Via dbcontrolpanel you have no filters or other selection criteria. They go to the same folder

shuman
12-28-2009, 08:17 AM
I can't find where I read about this, but from my old Windows XP computer I also copied onto my memory stick my folder Poker HandHistory Archive.

>>Is it also necessary for me to Import this folder into HM on my new Windows 7 computer?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I emailed Full Tilt Poker about which files/folders of my saved player notes and settings I should copy and transfer onto my new computer, and for one of the files they advise me to do the following:

II) Regarding your preferences file:

You will find the file in the below location:

1) Navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Windows Login Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\FullTiltPoker".
2) Locate the file "ltlhulkster_user.prefs".

You will have to copy this file down the below path:

C:\Users\[Your Windows Login Name]\Appdata\Local\FullTiltPoker\

********Note*************
In case the above path does not restore your prefences in windows 7, try this alternative:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\FullTiltPoker

Please let us know which one of these paths worked when moving your preferences of the lobby and table
******End of Note**********

However, I don't think I have the AppData folder on my computer. I click C:\Users\[my Windows Login Name] and there is not AppData folder listed. I search for it and my computer cannot find it.

Also, for PokerStars (which I have not played on yet and do not have any saved hands for in HM; I have only downloaded the site and created a screenname), Holdem Manager Auto Detected the following similar AppData location in my Options>Configure Auto Import:

C:\Users\my Windows login name\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory + subfolders

>>Should I have this AppData folder on my computer?
>>Do I need the AppData folder?
>>Do I need to actually play some hands on the 2 poker sites with my new computer for this folder to show up?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, currently in HM under Options>Configure Auto Import it lists the following 3 files for Full Tilt that I copied from my old computer:

C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\my screename + subfolders
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config + subfolders

Above in a previous post Fozzy said:

Your W7 auto import folder paths wont be the same as on your XP machine, so make sure you check and fix all of the various settings from your old installation.

>>But, how am I supposed to change these paths?
>>Am I just supposed to change each of them to the path Program Files (x86)?

Thank you.

netsrak
12-28-2009, 11:59 AM
That are many questions....

I can't find where I read about this, but from my old Windows XP computer I also copied onto my memory stick my folder Poker HandHistory Archive.

>>Is it also necessary for me to Import this folder into HM on my new Windows 7 computer?

If you create a new database and want to have the hands in this database - yes, use Import file or import from folder

Also, I emailed Full Tilt Poker about which files/folders of my saved player notes and settings I should copy and transfer onto my new computer, and for one of the files they advise me to do the following:

However, I don't think I have the AppData folder on my computer. I click C:\Users\[my Windows Login Name] and there is not AppData folder listed. I search for it and my computer cannot find it.

Also, for PokerStars (which I have not played on yet and do not have any saved hands for in HM; I have only downloaded the site and created a screenname), Holdem Manager Auto Detected the following similar AppData location in my Options>Configure Auto Import:

C:\Users\my Windows login name\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory + subfolders

>>Should I have this AppData folder on my computer?
>>Do I need the AppData folder?
>>Do I need to actually play some hands on the 2 poker sites with my new computer for this folder to show up?
[\QUOTE]
We are not the FTP or stars support but in general this depends on your operating system and the operating system language. Under XP its something like c:\documents and settings

[QUOTE=shuman;114725]
Also, currently in HM under Options>Configure Auto Import it lists the following 3 files for Full Tilt that I copied from my old computer:

C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\my screename + subfolders
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HEM Data + subfolders
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config + subfolders

Above in a previous post Fozzy said:

>>But, how am I supposed to change these paths?
>>Am I just supposed to change each of them to the path Program Files (x86)?

Thank you.

You need to configure the path for the sites you are playing under Import->click here to add auto-import folders (the blue link). For each Pokersite we have a FAQ which explains the basis steps.
In general:
1. Configure your Pokerclient (FTP, Stars,...) to write english handhistories to a path on your local hard drive. This can be one of the examples you mentioned above or sth. different like c:\ftp-handhistory or whatever).
2. Configure the HM auto-import settings to read files from the path you configured in 1.