PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Problem

aa45955
12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello, just installed HEM for the first time.

I'm a long-time PokerTracker user (version 2 and forward). I already had PostgreSQL installed from my use of PT3 so I'm using the same install

When I open HEM I get prompted with the "Database Control Panel" asking me for information to connect to PostgreSQL. It displays the local IP, port 5432, login postgres and pass postgrespass, all by default.

When I click Connect, it says the login/pass were incorrect and asks if I'd like HEM to configure it to accept that login/pass, when I click yes it just says "Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to make this change"

And that's it. I can't get past that.

I'm running Windows Vista

Any help appreciated

aa45955
12-26-2009, 10:48 PM
My first thought was that HEM needed admin privileges but it has them and I still get the same problem

My version of PostgreSQL is 8.3

aa45955
12-26-2009, 10:51 PM
When attempting to use a different username I got the same problem

aa45955
12-26-2009, 11:14 PM
I've uninstalled PostgreSQL 8.3, turned off User Account Control, restarted my computer, and am now attempting to reinstall PostgreSQL 8.3

When I get to the "Initialize Database Cluster" portion of HEM's PostgreSQL install guide, I enter the information as instructed and get the following error:

The specified data directory is not empty.

If you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do not need to initialize a database cluser.
If you have an existing database with a different major version you need to backup your old database and create a new one.

aa45955
12-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I manually deleted the remaining PostgreSQL directories and ran the command "net user postgres /delete" in Accessories->Command Prompt to completely uninstall PostgreSQL, rebooted and followed the PostgreSQL installation guide

This issue is now resolved. :)

If anyone reading this has the same problem, doing what I did will probably make PT3 stop working and will probably also make your PT3 databases disappear, so if you care about that you should find a different solution.

fozzy71
12-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Sorry, we were a bit short-handed the past few days due to the holidays. This is the reply I would have given, if I hadnt been so busy with remote support sessions. :(

This means you have previously installed postgresql (PT3 trial?). If you havent uninstalled it yet, you should be able to simply connect HM to the sql installation.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66

If you find you need to reinstall postgresql completely, use these steps - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755