PDA

View Full Version : cut/copy paste in note system

thebookie
12-26-2009, 05:04 PM
since I owned HEM I have never been able to cut/copy paste in the note system. I really need to do this. Anyone know of what setting change I need to make so I can cut/copy paste?

Thanks
Thebookie

netsrak
12-27-2009, 02:15 PM
This should work without changing any settings or sth. like that.

Which HM version are you using?

thebookie
12-28-2009, 01:39 AM
1.09.03 the very latest version. very strange that I can't cut/copy paste.

netsrak
12-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Could you please try with the latest Beta 1.10 Beta 5 from the link in my signature.

If that doesn't help please give us more details about your computer system

thebookie
12-28-2009, 06:29 PM
beta did not help, I still can't copy paste.

thebookie
12-29-2009, 05:48 AM
My computer is new, 2.3 gig processor, 6gigs ram, I run windows professional. I am not sure what else to say about it. copy past works on everything else. copy past works on everything else.

let me know what else you may need.

_Loki_
12-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Try this experiment:

A] Using Notepad:
Type a word, select it & COPY using "Ctrl + C"
Close Notepad without saving
Reopen Notepad, left click in the window & PASTE using "Ctrl + V"
Does that work ?

NEXT... your windows will remember the word you've copied so...

B] using HEM:
HEM > Sidebar > left click 'Players'
Player Summary window > right click on any one player > Left click on 'Show Player Notes' from context menu > left click in the notes window > PASTE using "Ctrl + V"
Does that work ?

thebookie
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Control C, control V works. I just can't use the mouse in hem note system. I never use the key board really so I never tried it. I will use the key board from now on but if anyone can come up with a reason I can use right click to bring up the copy paste with the mouse let me know.

Now this is strange when I go to the player summary and bring up the player notes the "right click" and "copy paste" function works with the mouse. When I am playing or using the HEM replayer it does not work.

I will just use the keyboard for now.

Thanks Loki

_Loki_
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Control C, control V works...

when I go to the player summary and bring up the player notes the "right click" and "copy paste" function works with the mouse

When I am playing or using the HEM replayer it does not work.

Are you saying A] or B] below ?

A] "When I right click in the notes window NO drop down context menu appears so I can't copy/paste with my mouse"
B] "When I right click in the notes window the drop down context menu appears BUT ALL the options in the menu are greyed out"

thebookie
12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I am not really sure what you mean but I will do my best to explain.

1. Playing a hand back on the HEM replayer I left click in the note area to bring up the notes on that player or to make a new note. I try to right click the mouse and copy the note. I get nothing, simply does not work.

2. Playing at a table I try to copy the date played to each player at the table and I can not copy past at all. Same as number 1 above.

3. I go to the summary page right click and bring up notes on any player and it works with the mouse.

It works in all three with the key board shortcuts, just not with the mouse in the first two. I hope this clears it up I am really trying to understand why it does not accept the command with the mouse.

_Loki_
12-29-2009, 10:24 PM
You do not have a fault Bookie - the problem you mention is the same for everyone I think

The context menu is the drop down list that appears when you right click the mouse in a window, BUT in some non-windows programs you can right click & no context menu appears - you have to use the keyboard instead

Replayer is a stand-alone program within the HEM program & it doesn't 'like' mouse context menus

If you compare the look of the notes window in replayer you will see that it looks different from the notes window otherwise. In replayer the mouse context menu does not work in the notes window but it does work when you try it OUTSIDE replayer.

It has nothing to do with whether you are playing at the time or not

thebookie
12-30-2009, 01:21 AM
ok, thanks for your help. you guys go above and beyond.