PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Import problem

gggggg
12-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I installed Postrgres and HEM following the guide. I backed up my old DB and moved it over and it worked. Im a little concerned that moving the old config files from my HEM on windows XP to the new HEM on windows 7 is the problem. I did what other threads said and ran HEM.exe and HUd.exe as and admin and I also fixed the secondary logon problem.

Now HEM open and shows my old DB properly but when I show it where to import from it doesnt read any files. When I sit down on tables Table Manager picks up the tables but reads all zeroes for the categories and no stats appear on the tables.

All I want for christmas is my VPIPs/raise/3b/hands back please!

Patvs
12-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

--

As a test start a NEW database.....

gggggg
12-26-2009, 05:31 PM
the update allowed HEM to import the hands but they didnt show up in HEM. Guess this has to do with my firewall. I have McAfee newest Antivirus software. Still getting zeroes on table manager. I went to do the windows firewall trick but in "Windows Firewall" it says

These settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall

gggggg
12-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I followed the instruction on my Mcafee and Windows defender and now I just command prompt delete postgres. I restarted and went to the website but the v8.3 there is

I dont want to go further until you tell me which to install.

Patvs
12-26-2009, 05:56 PM
McAfee comes with its own firewall, which can be very aggressive.
Turning it off often doesn't even help.

Try temporarily uninstalling it completely.

Patvs
12-26-2009, 05:57 PM
8.4.2 from postgresql.org
fill in password is: postgrespass during installation

gggggg
12-26-2009, 06:26 PM
there isnt a win32 option, i can choose from linux and solaris

Patvs
12-26-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows

gggggg
12-26-2009, 06:27 PM
nevermind i tried8.4.1

gggggg
12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
ok it works now.

can i turn my firewalls back on? what should i be doing about security now

Patvs
12-26-2009, 06:51 PM
I would turn off the McAfee Firewall... and turn on the Windows Firewall and set the exceptions to it:

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

gggggg
12-26-2009, 07:06 PM
ok so you wont believe this but now that it worked and imported my hands from the last two days and table manager worked properly i went to restore my db and instead of going new object like i should i have i right clicked and restored. now all the hands dont exist. I realized my mistake when i reread the restoring db page so i made a new db and restored it properly. I reinstalled HM so i could tell it what postgres to use and it says the new db is (unknown)

please help

gggggg
12-26-2009, 07:17 PM
ok wow I figured it out on my own!

My db is up and running with ALL my hands.

you have been a fantastic help through all of this and when I ship a WSOP this summer Ill make sure HEM get a case of something great.

Patvs
12-26-2009, 07:35 PM
-1 There is no need to reinstall HM. Just open dbcontrolpanel.exe (Database Management). To tell HM which postgres to use, it all depends on the PORT number (default 5432) you pick in here.
Often when people install both 8.3.. and 8.4. One is running on 5432 and the other on 5433.

-2 Are you doing restore/backups in pgAdminIII?
--2.1 You can only do a restore in a completely empty database
--2.2 The old database much me made in the same postgres version as the one you're restoring it to. 8.3 is not compatible with 8.4