PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tabling Question

PeaceFr0g
12-26-2009, 10:07 AM
This may be more of a computer question than a HEM question, but was curious if there were any other multi-tablers here that might provide me with some tips...

When I multi-table (i.e. play more than 8 tables), I cascade all tables on one screen and have my HEM open on the other. The problem is the action sometimes goes so fast that I don't always get to see if I won or lost a hand. In fact, more times than not, I don't. Not knowing the result doesn't bother me, but I'd often like to know what an opponent had and the HUD doesn't do me any good when another table pops up immediately.

What I've been doing is trying to find the hand by refreshing HEM. But since so many hands are getting out, it's hard to search and scroll, find the hand, then pull it up. When I do pull it up, the easiest most convenient way to view it is in the replayer. The problem is, the replayer always pops up on the wrong screen (the one with the active tables) and it's beomces a real PITA. The same thing happens when I hit view selected hand. This is a different summary format than the one you can pull up on the HUD (I really like the HUD version).

What would be great is if I could somehow keep each of the main HUD stats for each table (the one that shows who won the last hand), separately on the other monitor. It's a great feature, since you can simply click on the winner and the hand summary pops up. But I doubt there's a way to get this off the table and on to another screen.

I realize that I'm probably providing a long winded version of a problem that can't be solved, but thought I'd ask. Are there any other 10+ tablers out there? What do you do? Again, I don't care about whether I win or lose specific hands, but feel like I'm missing out on key info about how an opponent plays. What did he pay me off with, chase with, raise the river with, etc.? It's hard to get a line on their play when you can't see the results. I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Patvs
12-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Are you playing cashgames or SNG/MTTs?
If cashgames: Why play cascaded? Play 8+ tables TILED.

If you want know what an opponent had (in showdown situations) just change the HEM setting HUD OPTIONS--> Table Preferences--> Mucked Cards Time ---> Change this to 10 seconds (or higher!)

Or play using a combination of TILED and CASCADED. And move every table where a showdown takes place to a different location on your monitor.. out of all the STACKED tables.

I play 16+ cash tables TILED.

PeaceFr0g
12-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you playing cashgames or SNG/MTTs?

Thanks for responding. I play 6max LHE, which I believe is the fastest of all games (except for hu).

Why play cascaded? Play 8+ tables TILED.

Tiling is fine for 8, but I've been attempting to play 10 and 11 (shooting for milestones). I can handle it, but found it's much easier to cascade. Or maybe I should say it's more relaxing. In fact... I don't even cascade! I literally overlay all 10 tables, so it's like I'm only playing 1 table! This prevents me from having to scan all over the place and simply focus on 1 table maximized to fit screen. It seems so much easier letting the action come to me, instead of having to chase it all around my screen. I know this might sound weird. I thought it was too until I tried it and got used to it. Now it's easy.

So this would be ideal if only I can find a way to see what opponents had. I'll try increasing the time in HUD options in showdown situations like you suggested. Maybe that will be better.

And move every table where a showdown takes place to a different location on your monitor.. out of all the STACKED tables.

I play mostly on Stars. I know FT has a feature that allows you to disconnect the chat box from the table. This would be ideal for me as I could put them all on my other screen. Unfortunately, there's no way to do this on Stars. So I'm trying to do it with the table HUD.

I play 16+ cash tables TILED.

Do you play nl or lhe? I've heard of people doing this at nl, but 16+ seems insane at limit. Thanks again!

Patvs
12-26-2009, 06:20 PM
10 tables all completely overlapping, is usually ONLY done by SNG players. Hevad Khan always played 36 SNGs this way, on PokerStars, on a 17 inch monitor. The outcome of the hand was irrelevant, as long as he took a PLUS EV decision. (mostly preflop, or on the flop allin decisions)

Playing 6max LHE, there is special software, where you play with overlapping, where you can make tables jump to another screen where you want to know the outcome of a hand.
Most popular: TableNinja / PokerShortCuts (but those work even better when tiling, because it can show you where the FOCUS is, helping you to FIND the action.

New software is: TableofInterest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0ECvJred4&feature=player_embedded) / StackandTile (http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/StackAndTile) (which seem to better accomodate stackers and would seem perfect for you, but I haven't tested them).

--

I play No Limit.. and full ring.. it's very slow... :)

PeaceFr0g
12-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow, thanks Patvs. The stack and tile software you linked looks perfect, except I'd need to it go into a grid and stay there until I see results of a hand. From what I've read it only does this pre-and post flop, but after after a hand. I'll have to read up on it a bit more, since I may have overlooked something. Thanks again!