PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Omaha add-on, except..I'm in China and I can't activate my license code

reft
12-26-2009, 05:34 AM
So I'm in China, and I'm pretty sure that I cant contact the licensing server because of this. I uninstalled HEM after clearing the license code in Help -> Clear License Code, but trying to activate would not work since I can't connect to the licensing server. I just bought an Omaha manager professional add on to my existing HEM license, it does start with PR2.

The funny thing is, I've activated in China before, so is the server just down, or is it because the Chinese government decided to put a block on HEM servers recently? Well, its not a big issue since I'll be back in the States in about 2.5 weeks, but I just bought Omaha manager and would like to use it for the time being.

Any suggestions fozzy?

Merry Xmas

Oh also I'd like to note that I cant connect to webpages through the HEM software, like when you press "Frequently Asked Questions", but I can if I just type it into my browser separately. Same goes for the /registration page.

fozzy71
12-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Make sure your internet explorer is fully updated. Does the registration site work properly?

1) Open your Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and click on "LAN-Settings" at the bottom.
2) Uncheck every box in the small new menu and click ok.
3) Try to register HM again.

reft
12-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi fozzy. Your suggestion worked for the IE thing. I successfully registered the new HEM and it is now working. Much thanks :)