PDA

View Full Version : Popup Causes HUD to Close

Ajax
12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I am running Windows Vista, Service Pack 2.

I have a large popup that causes the entire HUD to shut down. I can get it to come up very rarely.

Could a popup be so large that it uses up too much system memory? If so, how can I see the amount of resources that my computer uses to bring up each popup?

I currently have 3 GB of RAM. Maybe adding some memory will work?

fozzy71
12-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to mike@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

Can you attach your custom popup file? It is in \rvg software\holdem manager\config\CustomPopupName.POP

Please attach your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called prefs. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Ajax
12-26-2009, 07:32 PM
I emailed the log.txt file to mike.

Ajax
12-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Are there some things that I can do to make a popup use fewer resources? Specifically, say that I have column headings, and I want them to be in bold face.

Does this:
\bColumn One\b \bColumn Two\b

Take up more resorces than this:
\bColumn One Column Two\b

Ajax
12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I am having more than one difficulty with my popups right now, so I want to put this link in this thread for reference:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=23486

Ajax
12-29-2009, 07:12 PM
has anything been figured out from the log.txt file that i emailed?

fozzy71
12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I will forward this to the HUD developer. I think he is back from holiday now.

Mike chops
12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Jerry? I replied asking you to email me the config folder.

Ajax
01-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I emaled the following to you, but I wanted to put the same information into this thread as well.

I am currently using the "HMHud.exe" file that you emailed to me.

That requirement for me to allow execution of the file has become bothersome. Because the file that you sent to me, "HMHud.exe", doe not have the publisher verification information in it, each time the HUD is launched I am requred, by Windows Vista, to allow the program to run. Since there is no built-in verification that the file is from a trusted source, I must press the Run button in the security warning window each time.

Could you please put the certified digital signature into the executable that you sent to me, and then re-send it? Also, I would still like to know if this change that you made for me will be put into the next beta release.

One more thing. The new file that you sent to me basically corrected the problem. However, sometimes the HUD still closes down. It is not often, but it does happen, and when it happens it is usually when I am looking at a popup for an extended period of time. If you could add more of the same thing you put into the file the first time you emailed it to me, that would be great (if that even makes sense, "more of the same").