PDA

View Full Version : Backup; Moved HHs vs export all?

El Helado
12-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Im gonna format my computer and reimport my DB with like 1m hands played by me and probably 3m datamined hands and since I want to be time effective and perhaps a smaller DB lessens the lag then I was thinking about what way of importing/exporting would be more accurate in terms of % of hands imported.

3 questionss

1) Is importing from the "moved HHs-folder" as accurate as importing from "Exported hands"-folder?

2) Is there really not any performance benefits with a smaller DB? :S?

3) What config-file is it that is okay to copy and paste to the new installation?

Patvs
12-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Accuracy/speed:

-1 import original original handhistories: 100%/50%
-2 import exported database: 95% (if purged hands, will cause problems) / 40% (exported database create some really BIG .txt files which can take a LONG time to import on slower harddisks)
-3 BACKUP/RESTORE database in pgAdminIII: speed = 100%,
accuracy: it either works (usually works)... or you get a restore error resulting in a corrupt database

El Helado
12-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Accuracy/speed:

-1 import original original handhistories: 100%/50%
-2 import exported database: 95% (if purged hands, will cause problems) / 40% (exported database create some really BIG .txt files which can take a LONG time to import on slower harddisks)
-3 BACKUP/RESTORE database in pgAdminIII: speed = 100%,
accuracy: it either works (usually works)... or you get a restore error resulting in a corrupt database

And import moved HHs? :)?

El Helado
12-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Also, what about question 2 and 3?

2) Is there really not any performance benefits with a smaller DB? :S?

3) What config-file is it that is okay to copy and paste to the new installation?

Patvs
12-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Moved HH is the same as the original handhistories.

-2 A smaller database will be faster than a big one.
-3 config file? you can copy-paste your ENTIRE old HoldemManager/config folder to the new installation