PDA

View Full Version : failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1

kobyy
05-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Yo i just moved to another place and tried to start holdem manager besides that basically nothing happened i updated to the latest version but no help for that.
When i start HEM it says: "the following error occured when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to "127.0.0.1"
when i press ok there comes up a window where i can enter a server name a port number a login name and a password but i have no idea what to fill in there obviously.

Pleas help me fast

Patvs
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Password is: postgrespass

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

--

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

kobyy
05-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Password is: postgrespass

Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

--

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Hi thank you for your answer! After the first steps did not work i reinstalled postgresql and at some point i had to enter and confirm the password, as it kept some settings when i uninstalled the program. The password you gave me which also popped up earlier it did not work tho. So now i basically have no idea what to do.
Could you maybe give me a teamviewer session or something? I need it kinda badly as SCOOP began a few days ago.

Thank you!

Patvs
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Delete the postgres user (then it will accept: postgrespass)

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "R un as Administrator".

A black DOS box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

kobyy
05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
ok i had to create a new database after doing that and to reimport all my hands it took a very long time but it seems to work now. Thank you a lot!

netsrak
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Did you run the command prompt and delete the postgres user like Pat posted above.
When this is completed successfully you can assign a new password during the postgresql installation.
If you use the standard HM installer postgrespass is used.