PDA

View Full Version : Need help with restoring db/hh

friscochris
12-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok here is what I did...

Just got Win7 64 bit and did a clean install. I thought that I had backed up all of my HH's and what not, but I cannot locate it. So I did some digging around and found a folder called Windows.Old ... This had all of my files in it from Vista, WooHoo, I think. So I dragged HEM out of there and into the new program file foler. Tried to do the same with psql but it wouldnt work so I reinstalled it and created a new DB. I had a folder with some HH's and imported those, but it is no where near all of them. So my question is this, are my HH's/DB gone forever or are they still there and I am looking in the wrong file? What can I pull out of the Windows.old folder that will help me out?

fozzy71
12-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok here is what I did...

Just got Win7 64 bit and did a clean install. I thought that I had backed up all of my HH's and what not, but I cannot locate it. So I did some digging around and found a folder called Windows.Old ... This had all of my files in it from Vista, WooHoo, I think. So I dragged HEM out of there and into the new program file foler. Tried to do the same with psql

:eek:

This is not how you restore anything.

but it wouldnt work so I reinstalled it and created a new DB. I had a folder with some HH's and imported those, but it is no where near all of them. So my question is this, are my HH's/DB gone forever or are they still there and I am looking in the wrong file? What can I pull out of the Windows.old folder that will help me out?

If you still have your old \program files\postgresql\8.x\data folder, you can reinstall the same DB. Otherwise you would need a .backup file to restore the DB. If neither of those are an available option for you, you will need to import all your old hands to a new DB from your \hmarchive and any others you may have.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

friscochris
12-23-2009, 04:05 PM
:eek:

This is not how you restore anything.

Yeah I know... lol...I only did it with some programs and HEM was one of them. It works just fine. Other stuff I reinstalled because of registries and such.

When I get home I will look up the archive folder. Thx

friscochris
12-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Cool, I found it... Thanks for the help. I also reinstalled HEM the correct way... :D