PDA

View Full Version : Backup and exporting data to external drive

Indian_Skimmer
12-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi

I am running into problems trying to backup my database and transfer it to an external drive.

I am a total numpty at this sort of thing:confused: and last time I ran into problems(different issue) you kindly arranged a one to one teamviewer and skype session for me with someone in Germany I believe.

Wondered if you could do the same again.I am completely lost as to what to do to acheive the result I need and am anxious I might make a real mess of things.

Have followed the instructions from the FAQs page but am getting nowhere fast.

Hope to hear from someone,Many Thanks......

fozzy71
12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
What problems are you having specifically?

Here are my backup instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

Indian_Skimmer
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the instructions have been through those as far as I can.

I get stuck where I have to create a filename and then hit browse to save it somehwere.

I create a file name though that confuses me as I would have thought I should select one from the drop down menu,but which one?? I dont know where the data is stored.........then whatever I do NO browse button appears to proceed.

Totally confused,no idea what to do

Thanks

fozzy71
12-24-2009, 12:59 PM
What are you trying to export/save? I don't understand the problem.

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Indian_Skimmer
12-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks but this is where things will only get worse asking me to post a screen shot for instance is like asking me to deliver The Popes Xmas message,wouldnt have a clue where to start.

To keep it simple I'm trying to follow the instuctions for backing up my HEM postgreSQL database and get stuck where I have to create a filename and decide where to save it.

Seriously a Teamviewer session is the only remedy believe me I wouldnt ask otherwise.

Thanks for your help but if you cant help in the way I ask I'll find another HEM user somewhere who hopefully can

Merry Xmas

fozzy71
12-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks but this is where things will only get worse asking me to post a screen shot for instance is like asking me to deliver The Popes Xmas message,wouldnt have a clue where to start.

I posted a link that explains how to take a screen shot, and instructions on how to attach it.

To keep it simple I'm trying to follow the instuctions for backing up my HEM postgreSQL database and get stuck where I have to create a filename and decide where to save it.

Click the box with the 3 dots '...' to pick a destination folder and filename on your PC.

fozzy71
12-24-2009, 01:17 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HEM/hm-dbbackup.png

Indian_Skimmer
12-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes thanks fozzy I appreciate it but I'm not going to carry on with this I know I'll get into problems and probably make things worse.

The screen shot that you have posted is where I get to and the filename box is empty....when I press the little button you have marked in red I get some names come up but have no idea which oone to pick,none of them are remotely like what you show in your screen shot.

Dont think I'm annoyed but there is seriously no way I have the confidence to do this via e-mails back and forth like this and it is a waste of your time.

As I said I'll find someone else who knows what they are doing also to lead me through it with teamviewer

fozzy71
12-24-2009, 03:37 PM
You can save it anywhere you want and name it whatever you want. It is just like saving any other computer file. Pick a folder and name the file.

If you need help with this Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.