PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new computer with Windows 7

MattSLY
12-23-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm getting a new computer in January. It will run on Windows 7. How can I transfer my HUD layouts onto the new computer? When setting up my database, do I import hhs from the HMArchive file or is there another way to do it? I have my HMArchive saved as well as all my old HHs from PT3.

If I just copied the "RVG Software" folder from Program Files of my old computer and pasted it in place of the same folder on the new computer, would my settings/HUD transfer over?

Patvs
12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Only transfer your config folder.
Make sure you export your: NOTES......bonus/rakeback info.. (you can also export your HUD layouts)

And just reimport your HHArchive folder.... or create a backup of your entire database in pgAdminIII and simply RESTORE that on your Windows 7 computer.

MattSLY
12-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Only transfer your config folder.
Make sure you export your: NOTES......bonus/rakeback info.. (you can also export your HUD layouts)

And just reimport your HHArchive folder.... or create a backup of your entire database in pgAdminIII and simply RESTORE that on your Windows 7 computer.

So all I have to do is copy and paste that config folder from my old computer onto my new computer and it will transfer the HUD layout, notes, etc..so long as I export the HUD layout and notes into the old config folder?

fozzy71
12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
So all I have to do is copy and paste that config folder from my old computer onto my new computer and it will transfer the HUD layout, notes, etc..so long as I export the HUD layout and notes into the old config folder?

You typically don't even need to export the HUDs, as they are all contained in the prefs.xml file. But if anything happens to that prefs.xml file and you havent exported the HUDs individually, you will be screwed,

My backup instructions:

Sticky: How do I backup HEM and my Database (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20754)