PDA

View Full Version : Hand Values Filter

higher1871
09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I am trying to use the hand values filter to get all hands where I had a big draw on the flop (eg nut flush draw or OESD).

It looks like I can only use the filters in a logical AND way ie when I select more than one value both conditions have to be satisfied for the hand to show up in the report.

Is there any way to use this in a logical OR fashion so that the hand is detailed if any of the conditions or met ?

morny
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Can you specify the exact filter you are using as HM should work on an Or basis rather than AND

higher1871
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
What I am using is the Filter > Edit > Hand Values Screen

I uncheck 'Any Flop Flush Draw Value' and uncheck 'Any Flop Straight Draw Value' and then highlight '2 Card Nut Flush Draw' and '2 Card Open Ended Straight Draw' as I want to find all flops where I had a big draw.

I also have the 'Saw Flop = true' under More Filters Selected.

I 'Save and Close' and no hands are returned.

If I then recheck 'Any Flop Straight Draw Value' so only '2 Card Nut Flush Draw' is highlighted I get 24 hands as results. I have a nut flush draw on all these hands.

If I only have '2 Card Open Ended Straight Draw' highlighted I get 34 different hands as results - those where I do have an OESD.

My expectation was that if I have both highlighted I would get 58 results ie where either case is met.

Hope that makes sense

Edit: After playing around with this a bit more it looks like it does an OR within the separate boxes but an AND across the separate boxes

If I select both '2 Card Nut Flush Draw' and '2 Card High Flush Draw' I get the correct results for an OR (67 results).
If I select both '2 Card Nut Flush Draw' and '1 Card Gutshot Draw' I only get one result where I do have a nut flush draw AND a gutshot draw.