PDA

View Full Version : Finishing installing Holdem Manager--Help Please?

PowderShots
09-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Hey-

I've been having tons of problems trying to get this thing onto my new laptop, which unfortunately has vista. Here is what's happening:

I installed it, successfully apparently(put the code in and all), then when I open it it says we notice you are running vista, try doing the following:

1. Disable user access control in control panel-DONE
2. Right click properties in HEM folder and run as admin, if this is greyed out its already running as administrator-DONE, it's greyed out
3. Repeat for hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe-Since I don't have those two, I just click ok.

Another box pops up to connect to PostgreSQL. I left the settings at default and click connect and it says a connection to PostgreSQL could not be made, would you like HEM to start it for you. It then says it was unable to. Then says it has started it, and to try again. Then it ends, and it doesn't work. PostgreSQL is installed and I can't get any further. Help?

fabio
09-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Are you sure PostgreSQL is running? Please check your processes with the task manager and look if there are several postgres.exe running

PowderShots
09-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey- It wasn't running but I couldn't get it to run at all without displaying some kind of error messages. I just reinstalled it and am looking at the HEM install help website, and it says to unzip the contents of zip file onto desktop. Right now it is just a zip file opening in WinRAR, how do I unzip it to the desktop?

fabio
09-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Please email me at fabio@holdemmanager.net to arrange a date and time for a Teamviewer session so I can help you.