PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to purge HH's by # of players?

domino66
12-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd like to delete all of the HH's in my DB that have fewer than 4 players in them. Can I purge by # of players? I don't see that option in the Purge menu...

Patvs
12-21-2009, 12:15 AM
By player.. not possible..

Just delete them by potsize. if you filter out all <7BB pots, it'll purge most hands.

domino66
12-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmmm...I don't think I like that solution; that will simply remove nearly every pot where there is a raise and it's folded around (?!), which would skew all sorts of stats such as steals and such...

How about this: is it possible to purge from the DB every hand played by a particular PLAYER? Here's why: all of my datamined hands have 5+ players in them...it's the hands that i play MYSELF that often have 2 or 3 players and which I want to keep out.

If I were able to simply purge all of MY hands from the DB, that would achieve the desired effect. I see in the purge menu where it's possible to purge all hands EXCEPT those played by a named player...but is it possible to do the inverse? i.e. purge ONLY hands in which a particular player is dealt cards?

**Lastly, hope you don't mind if I slip one more Q in here so I don't have to start a new post: one area where PT3 is superior to HEM, IMO, is in multi-DB support/functionality. HEM seems to be built with the expectation that the user will only ever use a single DB, until the time when he starts a new one because the first one gets outdated or bloated, and then the user will ONLY be using that one. That's simply not the case for "power-users". We often like to put dif hands in dif DB's and switch between them for different purposes. PT3 is pretty good at that, whereas HEM isn't. Here's one functionality request, if it isn't possible already: can you make it easier to switch between DBs? As it currently stands, you have to go to DB-Management, which essentially closes the program altogether, and select a new DB and then HEM opens essentially from scratch. In PT3, there's a function called "Set Active DB", and it has a drop-down list of all of your DB's and you can just select the one you want, and BOOM: that's the one that's open. Would that be terribly hard to implement in HEM?

Patvs
12-24-2009, 07:02 PM
The stats are not influenced by the purged hands.
(if you use Observe Hand History Configuration--> Purge Hand History Options)

In fact I purge 100% of ALL my hands. And keep ALL my stats.
You can't use the "do not delete hands played by" in a reversed way.

The switching databases in HoldemManager..... I have multiple database, and didn't know it was faster in PT3. I don't think that will be improved soon, but

You can suggest it, or vote for it, here - http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions