PDA

View Full Version : 'Auto rate' & 'notes' icons

_Loki_
12-20-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi

My old eyes have trouble seeing the tiny notes icon - the square with 3 horizontal yellow stripes
** [call it 1x1 unit size]

I like to use BOTH the notes & auto rate icons
** [the latter being 2x2 unit size]

They occupy the same space & appear to be separate images
** [notes icon on top & taking up the top left quadrant of the 2x2 square]

Is it theoretically possible to mod the notes icon - to DOUBLE IT into a 2x2 transparent square with a bright yellow border ?

The idea being the auto rate icon would still be visible framed inside the 2x2 notes icon

_Loki_
12-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Also...

Where is the graphic for the 'notes' icon stored ?

fozzy71
12-21-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know if this is possible currently, but I haven't tried to yet. I will turn on my autorate and start playing some hands again, and see what types of mods I can make. I will also ask Mike about it.

*Just remembered this thread:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=19033&highlight=smallicons

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/smallicons.png

\holdem manager\images\smallicons.png

_Loki_
12-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Thnx Fozzy - I'll wait to hear how you get on

I can see from your post that the yellow striped note icon does lie on top of the autorate icon so I guess it's perfectly feasible to mod the note icon larger, but with a 'hole' to see the autorate image beneath

The link you provided to another thread: I've read that thread before, but the solution wouldn't allow me to view autorate icons - whereas my 'picture frame' icon would (I hope)

_Loki_
01-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Hi Fozzy - I realise rvg were short-staffed over xmas etc...

just reminding you of this thread :)

fozzy71
01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
I honestly never got around to trying this, and I havent been playing poker at all so it would take me a while to get some players auto-rated. I will forward it to the HUD developer and ask if something like this would be possible some day (I really doubt it is possible currently).

_Loki_
01-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks Fozzy - I will wait & see what happens & ask again in the summer

imo...

Putting the auto rate icon space in same space as notes icon was a bad design decision (maybe it was necessary for a technical reason ?)

JPonline
01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Refering to the other thread (see above) where some peole said, they would prefer a bigger/"better" symbol for players they have a note on, maybe i might have a solution.
Imagine 12 tabling, on a regular 22" Monitor: You can barely see the three yellow lines, if you habe a note on a player, and more oftan than not, a note can help finding the right decision against an opponent.

Since it does not seem to be so simple, to change the "HUD-Icon-programming",
maybe you could add a rule to the "Autorate" feature?
sth like:
"If Note" =>1 then icon XXX
so that ppl who want to hava a bigger notes icon, can do that through the autorate function.

Kind Regards Julius

netsrak
01-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Please suggest it in our uservoice system (link in my signature)