PDA

View Full Version : Think I have a big problem...TECHNICAL

muckem1107
12-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey guys...when i start HEM it usually goes straight to program...Now its popping up the postgres connection box and heres the message I get when I click connect:

"Connection Error: Unable to read data from the transfer connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Then theres a lot more technical jargon after that...i just used it last night and i need it bad...I play for a living and have tourneys running. Please help...Pm with sugestions Thanks

Patvs
12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
You have a postgreSQL issue, where it can't connect to the SQL server.

-1 Try START-->PostgreSQL--> Restart server
or STOP SERVER---> Start Server

-2 Try logging into your database in pgAdminIII

If (1) and (2) lead to "no connection can be found" errors-->

-3 Uninstall your third party firewall, add exceptions to Windows Firewall, Windows Defender for port 5432, and dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are, postgres.exe (the RVG Software and PostgreSQL folders too)

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

If (3) doesn't work-->

-4 Reinstall PostgreSQL (preferably a different version so 8.4 if you had 8.3 on a different port)