PDA

View Full Version : Moving sample of hands

CliffLee
12-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Hello,

I was wondering what the best way was of moving a sample of hands from one database to another?

I have HEM on 2 machines, although I use one primarily. I'd like to move the hands that I have recently played on my secondary machine onto my primary machine. What's the best way of doing this?

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 02:02 AM
If it is a lot of hands you should export the whole DB: Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands

If it is a reasonable sample size filter for the appropriate time range, change All Hands to This Month for example.

hands tab > [x] all > right-click > export all hands to hard drive.

CliffLee
12-19-2009, 12:02 PM
If it is a lot of hands you should export the whole DB: Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands

If it is a reasonable sample size filter for the appropriate time range, change All Hands to This Month for example.

Ok that's great thanks. It's not a large amount - maybe 15K.

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Ok that's great thanks. It's not a large amount - maybe 15K.

This type of export is CPU intensive, but you shouldnt have any problem with 15k. Eventually proper filtered export options will be added to the DB Control Panel.

ShortCorner
01-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Trying this now...what shouild I be right-clicking on. I don't seem to be getting anything where I can click on EXPORT.

TIA

fozzy71
01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Right-click on any hand that is being displayed in the Hands tab.

ShortCorner
01-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Right-click on any hand that is being displayed in the Hands tab.

:o