PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on ?

Llanlad
12-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi all

Just sat down for a session of poker on Ladbrokes and HEM went awol .

Started ok, but after using table scanner and opening up a couple of tables it kept on trying to open a certain table over and over again .. i close the damn thing ... it just re-opened .

HEM started to not respond ... closed via task manager and was able to close the damn table ..

re-started HEM and it started all over again ...i was using version 1.09.02 so i tried to update to 1.09.03 and it had all kinds of errors when updating .. now it wont open at all ..

what the heck ? :confused:

Llanlad
12-18-2009, 08:00 PM
OK .. ive given up for the night ..

Something is very odd here ...

Ive just unistalled HEM and managed to download 1.09.03 although again there where some errors on downloading ...

I opened up Ladbrokes again and i can scan the tables once and open up a chosen table via the scanner and HEM just locks ...

and then the same table as before opens up on its own accord again .. whilst HEM is like this i cant even manually choose another table because it goes straight back to the table it keeps wanting to open.

As soon as i close HEM ... the table will close ok again and i can choose whatever table to open.

No idea at all whats going on .

fozzy71
12-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi all

Just sat down for a session of poker on Ladbrokes and HEM went awol .

Started ok, but after using table scanner and opening up a couple of tables it kept on trying to open a certain table over and over again .. i close the damn thing ... it just re-opened .

HEM started to not respond ... closed via task manager and was able to close the damn table ..

That should probably get posted in the Table Scanner forum, so their support can look into it. But first you should update to the latest beta.

re-started HEM and it started all over again ...i was using version 1.09.02 so i tried to update to 1.09.03 and it had all kinds of errors when updating .. now it wont open at all ..

what the heck ? :confused:

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

If you get errors when updating it is caused by part of HM not closing fully, usually HMImport.exe. You can end it thru the Task Manager or simply reboot, then run the update file.

Llanlad
12-19-2009, 05:44 AM
OK ... updated to the latest beta version as per your link and there was no errors when updating.

Now my PostgreSQL Database 8.2 wont open at all .. this has never happened before either ..

Ohh well .. bound to get problems at some point i suppose :)

I tried to start Postgre through Start / Control Panel / Administrive Tools / Services but got the following error message .

The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

I had a look through the following link and there was no postmaster pid file showing.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmmain.aspx

I use windows XP and i have Zone Alarm and AVG running and the windows firewall seems to be off

Llanlad
12-19-2009, 06:39 AM
ok .. ive messed up i think .. got pretty narked and was not thinking straight .

Ive just right clicked on the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2 in Services, clicked properties / log on .

Wrote in notepad this account details .. could not see what the password was and then slected local system account and re-started the computer ..

But i forgot to save the notepad and when i restarted the computer it still did not work so now im trying to go back to this account option ... but i cant remember what was in the notepad :rolleyes:

If it helps .. i also use ad-aware free as well as the other 2 mentioned .

TBH .. i have no idea whats going on .. would it be better to just unistall Postgres and re-install 8.2 and start again ?

netsrak
12-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Uninstall postgresql,
delete the postgres user
and install Postgres 8.4 starting with a new empty database and reimport all your hands.

Llanlad
12-19-2009, 08:06 AM
OK .. not sure how to do this ..

Copied trhis from elsewhere .

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete or rename the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > run > cmd >
PHP Code:
net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 8.4, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products...oad.do#windows

Bit stuck on part 3 .. bit confused with what to type after cmd .

Once i get this bit right ill reboot ..do i have to turn off both AVG and zone alarm ?.. they are both the free versions .. I dont think the windows firewall is running .

Llanlad
12-19-2009, 08:14 AM
typed in net user postgres /delete and got this

The syntax of this command is :

NET USER
[username [password : *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password : *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]

hehehe .. that may as well be in japanese :)

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Reinstall sql using these instructions - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

Llanlad
12-19-2009, 03:10 PM
ok ... it seems i have got rid of the 8.2 version ...

im getting somewhere :)

So ill now install 8.4 ... i shall re-boot and do so .

What about my Zone Alarm, AVG or Ad-Aware .. do i have to temporary close any of these down before installation ?

Thanks ... hopefully thats the last question for today :D

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 04:12 PM
The only thing you may have issues with is ZA.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Llanlad
12-19-2009, 07:18 PM
One more thing and hopefullly this debacle is over ..

Basically .. its been a disaster, ive been playing on the prima network and ive been having tables open for a couple of weeks to collect hands ..

What i forgot was these are DAT files and every now and again i open PT3 and import the hands into that database and then use the option to clear out the files ...

What ive forgot to do is copy the game history file first and save them on my external HD before emptying the DAT folder ..

So basically ...now that i have a newer Postgre version .. i now have no hands at all ..

Im an idiot !! ... and ive just purchased the table scanner !! ... not much info is going to be scanned now :rolleyes:

Anyways ... the last problem hopefully .... ive opened up a table and the HUD is not coming on now ..table manager is nowhere to be seen .

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 09:12 PM
One more thing and hopefullly this debacle is over ..

Basically .. its been a disaster, ive been playing on the prima network and ive been having tables open for a couple of weeks to collect hands ..

What i forgot was these are DAT files and every now and again i open PT3 and import the hands into that database and then use the option to clear out the files ...

Do you have PT3 move them to the \poker tracker 3\processed folder? Or does it actually delete them?

Anyways ... the last problem hopefully .... ive opened up a table and the HUD is not coming on now ..table manager is nowhere to be seen .

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right-click + Properties the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

If you still don't see the table manager, try this;

0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

Make sure the hand histories are in English.

Try the table finder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Llanlad
12-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Do you have PT3 move them to the \poker tracker 3\processed folder? Or does it actually delete them?
I think ive made this mistake before ..

Because i use HEM when i playing i have to manually import the hands into PT3, i think because of this they are not automatically moved to the allocated processed file ... and basically the file remains empty ... which is what i found yesterday.

The fact i did this 2 days ago and basically imported 20k+ hands into PT3 and then wiped the folder means i have nothing saved.

Timing is everything i suppose .. table scanner starts playing up the very next day and i update HEM and Postgre and have nothing saved.

Ive not played on Priima for a while and i basically forgot how it works... so ive nobody to blame but myself .. :mad:

As for HEM ... there is an archive file but the hands seem to stay in the hand history file ... so whats the archive folder for ?

Anyways ... i started up a table this morning and the table manager and HUD popped up as normal .. so ( touch wood ) i now have a fully updated HEM and Postgre to play with.

Although ...it was the table scanner that started all these problems ..and as i have no hands .. ive yet to try that ...

This thread may have more post to come .. :D

Llanlad
12-22-2009, 07:17 AM
I know it may be a long shot ...but is there anyway i could get hands from my 8.2 database and import them into 8.4 ...

I know ive wiped the hand history folder .. just wondering if i could get them off Postgre or something ?

netsrak
12-22-2009, 08:22 AM
You have a running Postgresql 8.2 database server or do you only have the data folder?

Llanlad
12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
You have a running Postgresql 8.2 database server or do you only have the data folder?
Not sure what that means ..

Ive deleted 8.2 from my computer ( as far as im aware of ) ..and now have 8.4 .

Not sure what you mean by data folder ... It seems i have not saved my hand histories in a processed file .. well not the DAT ones for prima anyway.

Obviously from now on ill copy the hand history file and save it on my external HD before emptying ..

Was just wondering if Postgre 8.2 saved these hand histories somewhere so i could maybe import them into my new 8.4 database ..

fozzy71
12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Not sure what that means ..

Ive deleted 8.2 from my computer ( as far as im aware of ) ..and now have 8.4 .

When you uninstall postgresql it does NOT delete the Postgres user or the
\data folder.

Not sure what you mean by data folder ... It seems i have not saved my hand histories in a processed file .. well not the DAT ones for prima anyway.

HM is unable to automatically archive the .DAT files, because the poker client locks the files.

Was just wondering if Postgre 8.2 saved these hand histories somewhere so i could maybe import them into my new 8.4 database ..

You would need to uninstall 8.4 and reinstall 8.2 while using the existing \data folder from your 8.2 installation. This allows you to reinstall your old database, if you use the same version of postgresql. It is not 100% guaranteed to work, but it is your best option at this point.

Llanlad
12-22-2009, 07:17 PM
The table scanner is doing the same stuff i mentioned earlier ...So ive posted in the Ladbrokes thread in the Table Scanner section .

The scanner was expensive to purchase on top of my HEM ..bit dissappointed that there are still gremlins in it .