PDA

View Full Version : Switching licences from computer to computer

DaGrunt
12-18-2009, 05:17 AM
Hey,

I bought a HEM licence and have the program activated on two different desk computers of mine. I'm getting a laptop now and would like to be able to use the program on one desk computer and one laptop instead. How do I do this? Thanks!

netsrak
12-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Use our registration system (link in my signature) to reset the key for one of your PCs.

DaGrunt
12-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Use our registration system (link in my signature) to reset the key for one of your PCs.

Do I need to register a new nickname or can I use the one the username/pw on the HEM forums?

1crazyhorse
12-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Do I need to register a new nickname or can I use the one the username/pw on the HEM forums?

It does not let me login with my HEM forum username/pw on to the Holdem Manager Registration System (Beta). Any idea?

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM

It does not let me login with my HEM forum username/pw on to the Holdem Manager Registration System (Beta). Any idea?

If you have never been there before you have to register. It is separate from your forum login. I had no problems registering my same name/password.

Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then reset your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

1crazyhorse
12-19-2009, 04:53 PM
If you have never been there before you have to register. It is separate from your forum login. I had no problems registering my same name/password.

Thanks! Worked for me too.

DaGrunt
12-23-2009, 04:10 AM
Ok I registered there, is it enough to just reset the key from the site you provided or do I need to go to HEM on one of my computers and click "Clear Licence Key" or do something else similar to that?

Thanks again!

fozzy71
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Ok I registered there, is it enough to just reset the key from the site you provided or do I need to go to HEM on one of my computers and click "Clear Licence Key" .....?

You may have to do both, depending on your situation. The Reset Code on the site will enable you to use it on a new PC. The Clear License is to unregister the HM installation, so you can register it again. This is usually done when upgrading from small stakes to pro, or holdem only to add omaha.

robemoor
01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
hi iam just after upgrading from vista to windows 7
i have registered my serials pc1 & pc2
pc 1 was my vista pc
pc 2 is my laptop

now ive gone into the site www.holdemmanager.net/registration/memberspages/addserialnumber.aspx

then i reset my pc1 serial thinking it would give me a new serial to put on to
my new win7 pc, but it just cleared it now on that page it just has a serial number for pc2

what can i do before i mess up some more????

thanks in advance

robemoor
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Once added you will be able to reset the serial code (this is necessary if your format, reinstall windows or want to move pc's) and it will appear on your Main Menu in case you ever happen to lose the code.

where is this main menu?? this will have my new serial??

robemoor
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
ok think i know whats happening

1/ register your licence key eg pc1 & pc2

2/ you clear the licence in the registration web page

3/ setup your new harddrive or operating system

4/ then when you have installed holdem maganger on the new system, you register the serial again

correct me if I am wrong:o

fozzy71
01-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Correct. You keep the same number always and just reset it as needed.

robemoor
01-04-2010, 02:48 PM
thanks for the reply, works a treat, keep up the good work!!!!