PDA

View Full Version : eRROR trying to restore DB through PGAdmin

4entourage
12-17-2009, 07:42 PM
I am trying to put my laptops DB onto my desktop. I went through PGAdmin - did "backup" with default settings. It is only 5.6 gigs .backup file. I have 300,000 players and almost 20 million hands.... that doesnt seem right.

Regardless-- I put it onto desktop---loaded PGAdmin on that pc- went to "Restore" and selected where the DB was located and get this error....

E:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d "68720-1" -v "I:\DaBase.backup"
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header

Process returned exit code 1.

*** Using Windows 7 - HEM + Omaha 1.10 Beta 4 ---- **

???

fozzy71
12-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I am trying to put my laptops DB onto my desktop. I went through PGAdmin - did "backup" with default settings. It is only 5.6 gigs .backup file. I have 300,000 players and almost 20 million hands.... that doesnt seem right.

Sounds right to me, depending on how much of your DB is being wasted by log files.

Regardless-- I put it onto desktop---loaded PGAdmin on that pc- went to "Restore" and selected where the DB was located and get this error....

E:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d "68720-1" -v "I:\DaBase.backup"
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header

Process returned exit code 1.

*** Using Windows 7 - HEM + Omaha 1.10 Beta 4 ---- **

???

Same version of Postgresql on each PC? Same DB encoding?

Backup/Restore is not a perfect process, and I don't even recommend it anymore typically.

Do yoy have an external drive? Can you copy the entire \postgresql\8.x\data folder to the new PC? If so, you could use these instructions to try and reinstall the same DB. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

4entourage
12-17-2009, 10:27 PM
So if I just install POSTsql on the desktop---and copy the entire "C:\ProgramFiles\PostSQL\Data folder to the desktop - thats all I need to do? Just drag and drop to the same directory on opposite PC? I can skip all of PGAdmin and the "Exporting Hands" options??

PS I just bought table manager a few mins ago - how long should it be before I get email??

netsrak
12-18-2009, 08:19 AM
After copying the data folder you need to install postgresq. See the instructions in the FAQ link Fozzy posted.

For the key: please allow 12-24 hours for the delivery and check your spam folder too.