PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Hands

KaiserSose
09-17-2008, 01:24 PM
If I want to create a new database which would include the hands from my old database, I should first export all of the hands from the old database, correct? Where exactly do these exported hands go? Once all of the hands have been exported what is the next step? Finally, how can I delete the old database once all of the hands have been exported? Thanks

fabio
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

On the last screen, click on delete and not backup

KaiserSose
09-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I really don't quite understand that FAQ.

So I exported all of my hands.

Then I tried to back up the database that I exported all of the hands from. I saw this message at the end: Which leads me to believe it didn't back up.

pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: could not read block 4647 of relation 1663/68376/68479: Invalid argument
pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.compiledplayerresultspositionaction (compiledplayerresults_id, earlyuohands, earlyuovpip, earlyuopfr, middleuohands, middleuovpip, middleuopfr, cutoffuohands, cutoffuovpip, cutoffuopfr, buttonuohands, buttonuovpip, buttonuopfr, smallblinduohands, smallblinduovpip, smallblinduopfr, bigblinduohands, bigblinduovpip, bigblinduopfr, early1limperhands, early1limpervpip, early1limperpfr, middle1limperhands, middle1limpervpip, middle1limperpfr, cutoff1limperhands, cutoff1limpervpip, cutoff1limperpfr, button1limperhands, button1limpervpip, button1limperpfr, smallblind1limperhands, smallblind1limpervpip, smallblind1limperpfr, bigblind1limperhands, bigblind1limpervpip, bigblind1limperpfr, early2ormorelimpershands, early2ormorelimpersvpip, early2ormorelimperspfr, middle2ormorelimpershands, middle2ormorelimpersvpip, middle2ormorelimperspfr, cutoff2ormorelimpershands, cutoff2ormorelimpersvpip, cutoff2ormorelimperspfr, button2ormorelimpershands, button2ormorelimpersvpip, button2ormorelimperspfr, smallblind2ormorelimpershands, smallblind2ormorelimpersvpip, smallblind2ormorelimperspfr, bigblind2ormorelimpershands, bigblind2ormorelimpersvpip, bigblind2ormorelimperspfr, early1raiserhands, early1raiservpip, early1raiserpfr, middle1raiserhands, middle1raiservpip, middle1raiserpfr, cutoff1raiserhands, cutoff1raiservpip, cutoff1raiserpfr, button1raiserhands, button1raiservpip, button1raiserpfr, smallblind1raiserhands, smallblind1raiservpip, smallblind1raiserpfr, bigblind1raiserhands, bigblind1raiservpip, bigblind1raiserpfr, early1raiserpluscallerhands, early1raiserpluscallervpip, early1raiserpluscallerpfr, middle1raiserpluscallerhands, middle1raiserpluscallervpip, middle1raiserpluscallerpfr, cutoff1raiserpluscallerhands, cutoff1raiserpluscallervpip, cutoff1raiserpluscallerpfr, button1raiserpluscallerhands, button1raiserpluscallervpip, button1raiserpluscallerpfr, smallblind1raiserpluscallerhands, smallblind1raiserpluscallervpip, smallblind1raiserpluscallerpfr, bigblind1raiserpluscallerhands, bigblind1raiserpluscallervpip, bigblind1raiserpluscallerpfr, early2raisershands, early2raisersvpip, early2raiserspfr, middle2raisershands, middle2raisersvpip, middle2raiserspfr, cutoff2raisershands, cutoff2raisersvpip, cutoff2raiserspfr, button2raisershands, button2raisersvpip, button2raiserspfr, smallblind2raisershands, smallblind2raisersvpip, smallblind2raiserspfr, bigblind2raisershands, bigblind2raisersvpip, bigblind2raiserspfr) TO stdout;
pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

Process returned exit code 1.

What is my next move?

Should I try to import all of the hands from the old database into my new database. Like should I follow these steps:

a) Import folder: Select the folder in which I exported all of my hands. Allow it to import. Check that the hands imported.

b) Then go into PGAdmin and delete my old database? What about deleting the backup? I don't have much diskspace so I can't really afford to keep around needless databases.

fabio
09-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Why do you want to create a new database with all your old hands in the first place?

KaiserSose
09-17-2008, 05:09 PM
I was told to do so. Every time I start up Holdem Manager it takes an hour to "Optimize." So I'm starting a new database to avoid this problem.

fabio
09-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, ok. So, when you already exported all hands, you dont need do backup the db, just delete it, create a new one and import all exported hands using the "import from folder" option