PDA

View Full Version : Using reports for tournaments on HEM

Ben
04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
I know Reports can be used to see how cash game players are actually running, compared to their EV.

Can this be done for tournaments?

What do I use to find this on the reports?

Is Winnings (chips) and EV adjusted a realistic representation? Or should I be looking at other stats?

thanks in advance

Patvs
05-01-2012, 10:58 PM
If you play STTs focus on Luck Adjusted Winnings.

If you play MTTs.. it's just not possible.
Focusing on cEV is pretty useless, since losing a 40.000 chip pot (in the late phase of a tourney) can't compensate with a 1500 chip pot you win in the early phase as cEV doesn't take the number of big blinds into account.

liGreenil
05-02-2012, 01:11 AM

Focusing on cEV is pretty useless, since losing a 40.000 chip pot (in the late phase of a tourney) can't compensate with a 1500 chip pot you win in the early phase as cEV doesn't take the number of big blinds into account.

I just finished a SNG and placed in fourth just getting my buy in back with a small amount of money earned. Although HEM2 says that I didn't win any more and I've lost the money I've put in getting a 100% ROI. This is on cake poker

liGreenil
05-02-2012, 01:12 AM
I just finished a SNG and placed in fourth just getting my buy in back with a small amount of money earned. Although HEM2 says that I didn't win any more and I've lost the money I've put in getting a 100% ROI. This is on cake poker

Getting a -100%ROI

Patvs
05-02-2012, 01:40 AM
This was a MTT or a STT?

Cake doesn't write any useful info to the handhistory file.
Where PokerStars/PartyPoker/(Full Tilt) all have separate summary files that list:
-number of entrants
-finish position
-buyin
-your winnings
-your rebuys, etc.
-speed

When a site -like Cake- doesn't you'll have to manually edit the info. And basically manually track your winnings when you make it into the money. HM should have no problems with STTs.

Ben
05-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Thanks for your reply, and that is what I thought.

If it was possible to have winnings in BB's and cEV in BBs, would that represent it?

I'd really like to find this out.

Ben
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
BigBlind EV.. have I just invented a new EV?

That could work for MTTs right?

A Stat for overall BB's won, and a stat for BB-EV adjusted.

liGreenil
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
This was a MTT or a STT?

Cake doesn't write any useful info to the handhistory file.
Where PokerStars/PartyPoker/(Full Tilt) all have separate summary files that list:
-number of entrants
-finish position
-buyin
-your winnings
-your rebuys, etc.
-speed

When a site -like Cake- doesn't you'll have to manually edit the info. And basically manually track your winnings when you make it into the money. HM should have no problems with STTs.

I play SNG's. It shows what place I finished in, what type of tournament and buy-in. It even shows the rake. The only thing it doesn't show is how much money I've made. It says I finished in fourth but with $0.00 made.

Patvs
05-03-2012, 06:07 PM
When you finish in the money, email us a handhistory of the game.
Though... if the file doesn't include any 'winnings' information, HoldemManager will be unable to substract that info and you'll have to manually edit the results.

BigBlind EV.. have I just invented a new EV?

That could work for MTTs right?

A Stat for overall BB's won, and a stat for BB-EV adjusted.

For, "big blind cEV" just add "bb/100" and "EV bb/100" to a tournament report. (for example the report: Preflop-->HoleCards)
And it will show the winrate for these tournament hands taking into account the number of big blinds.

Big blind cEV for the entire MTT (so when it is already adjusted for the number of blinds) also won't give you any information.
If the first hand stack 1500 (blinds 15/30) you win a coinflip.
Then at the final table stack 2 million (blinds 20k/40k) you lose a coinflip.
Big Blind eEV will show you your luck was 0

liGreenil
05-17-2012, 02:41 PM
how do i manually enter the results of the SNG?

Patvs
05-17-2012, 11:21 PM
tourney--> results--> dataview--> rightclick on a game