PDA

View Full Version : Filters for datamining

manel
12-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi,

Now i´m going to datamining in Unibet/micgrogaming for 6 max, but i´m not sure if there are any filter in HM for stoping de auto-import when there are less trhan X players like 3 playin at the trable.

Bye.

netsrak
12-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Holdemmanager doesn't support datamining because its illegal on most sites.

manel
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Holdemmanager doesn't support datamining because its illegal on most sites.

I agrre with this, but in Unibet the datamining is completly legal so that I consider that my cuestion is resonable and because isn´t ilegal for this poker site.

texas donald
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
could you tell me how data mining works, what you use for it exactly? is it pretty much the same as buying hands just.. not paying for them and doing it yourself?

fozzy71
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
could you tell me how data mining works, what you use for it exactly? is it pretty much the same as buying hands just.. not paying for them and doing it yourself?

yes

_Loki_
12-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm happy to be corrected on the info below, because I've not used these products, but here are two examples of datamining that supposedly work for PokerStars which are not just a case of buying HH's

I imagine they must work because they are both on the PS prohibited list...

** A] Poker-Edge (monthly subscription: online stats collection & redistribution)
http://www.poker-edge.com/faq.html
I 'think' this sends HH's IN REAL TIME at the table(s) you're playing back to a central DB farm where it is collated with all the other automatically collected HH's supplied by the software of other Poker-Edge subscribers
Every few minutes IN LIVE PLAY you are sent stats on each of the players at your table(s) based on all the data on those players back at the farm
You are able to hide yourself (your stats data) from other Poker-Edge users
Download the software & open & play PS through it (in this way it hides from PS)
A HUD is launched on the table(s) showing player stats & (icons for fishy-ness etc) also there's an add-on for searching the lobby for fishy tables
My assumptions/guesses about this software:
Only useful if the stakes you are playing has over a certain number of busy P-E subscribers to supply the data

ADVANTAGES over 'bought' HH's:
1] You do not have to store (& maintain) a large DB on your own computer
2] It's updated live
DISADVANTAGES:
1] A biggie: If you get 'caught' (perhaps by launching P-E after logging on to PS instead of before)

** B] Star Spy Plus (free trial & one-off payment)
http://www.starspyplus.com/
I think this allows you to datamine hands for yourself by auto logging on/off tables in the background while you play other tables (?) & presumably 'scraping' the chat box for play details
Maybe it puts you in the waiting list & scrapes while you wait :)

ADVANTAGES over 'bought' HH's:
Cheaper because no subscription, but is the financial saving worth the risk of detection ? I doubt it
You are only datamining HH's on the days & times that you play - when you are likely to bump into the same players as you play (if you see what I mean)
DISADVANTAGES:
1] If you get 'caught' (I would have thought this software would generate an unusual pattern of table logging-on/off that PS could easily detect)

manel
12-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Yes, datamining is the same that buy hands on any web site like HandHQ ....
But this webs, doesn´t have hand histories for this poker site, because the
datamining with trackers is completly legal.

netsrak
12-17-2009, 10:14 AM
I agrre with this, but in Unibet the datamining is completly legal so that I consider that my cuestion is resonable and because isn´t ilegal for this poker site.

We have no functions in Holdemmanager for supporting mining.