PDA

View Full Version : HEM crashing periodically

Arizona Willie
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Since I installed 1.10 Beta 3b HEM crashes on me unexpectedly. It will be going along and I click on something, perhaps in Table Scanner and suddenly the windows pops up and says Holdem Manager has quit working and Windows is looking for a solution.

Naturally, tough, Windows knows NOTHING about HEM so no solution is found.

Sometimes it does it 2 or 3 times before I have to cold boot to repair things and sometimes it only takes one crash before it won't run anymore.

Patvs
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Which Windows version? How much RAM memory do you have?

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Check out the top 10 HEM performance tips thread in my signature....

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Is the HUD running when this happens?

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to mike@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

Arizona Willie
12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit with 6 gigs of RAM.

I will follow the instructions next time it happens and get the attach the .log file you asked for.

I just went and enabled logging ... so we'll see what happens.

Thanks

Arizona Willie
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Just got a brand new error. I had HEM running and Full Tilt running and clicked on Table Scanner and got an error about EasyHookSVC and the infamous Windows Crash Box and it was going to look for a solution.

Never happened on the first click before. The HUD was not working because I hadn't even got to open a table yet.

Usually it runs for quite awhile before crashing.

I have re-installed to no avail.

Will send in the log.txt again next time it crashes.

netsrak
12-16-2009, 04:26 AM
This EasyHook crash happens when you close and restart HM and FTP in an unexpected way (unexpected for the table scanner). I experience this sometimes too. After closing HM and FTP client and restarting both it should work again. If not it should be fixed after a computer restart.

Arizona Willie
12-16-2009, 11:51 AM
The new error about easyhook popped up as soon as I started HEM and FULL TILT and clicked on table scanner.

I hadn't restarted them ... it was the first start of the day.

HEM'S had been crashing on me several times a day but yesterday, after the easy hook crash it didn't crash the rest of the session.

But I only played 130 hands during 80.5 minutes because I was losing my ass.
Shut it down and gave it up for the day.

Will see what happens today.