PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Hard Drive

Progolfer79
12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
I am trying to use the tutorial for connecting two computers with HEM

(http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154)

and I am not sure if it is going to work with my wired/wireless Drive. I have gone through all of the steps and troubleshooting methods (including reinstalling and reimporting Postgre) and I continue to get the same error message stating "Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1". It won't even connect when I have the drive hardwired to the cpu. My one firewall (Windows) is disabled and I have no Antivirus software running on either computer.

My current setup is one Windows XP CPU Hardwired to Buffalo LS and one Windows XP Labtop wirelessly connected to Buffalo LS. Both drives are mapped to the same letter.

Is it possible to connect to a Buffalo Linkstation LS-WTGL4c4? If so, how? Thank you for the help :)

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 03:02 AM
I have forwarded this thread to my colleagues to assist with this.

netsrak
12-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Where do you get the above connection message - on both computers?

This usually indicates that no postgresql service is running.

127.0.0.1 is the local computer IP adress. If you want to connect over network you need to use a different IP.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to do - you need to install Postgresql on a local folder - so you need to mount (or whatever) the network drive to your computer, assign it a drive number and then install Postgresql to this drive.

Progolfer79
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
What I am trying to do is be able to access the database on my external hard drive from, both, my hardwired CPU and Wireless Labtop. I have a Buffalo External Hard Drive that is connected through my network. I am getting the same error message on, both, the hardwired CPU and the Wireless Labtop.

When I try to restart the Service Control, it gives me the error "The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer started and the stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

Do I need to change the IP Address in Postgresql to the IP Address of my external Buffalo Hard Drive?

netsrak
12-15-2009, 04:42 AM
As i said before Postgresql is only working with local drives. You need to map the network drive to a local drive and install Postgresql to this local drive.

The network access is only for postgresql servers in the network - which means another computer running postgresql.