PDA

View Full Version : Unable to open HEM after Windows 7 upgrade

skylo
12-13-2009, 08:19 PM
After upgrading to Windows 7 I can't open HEM. First I was receiving the validation popup and I switched to install as second PC. This seemed to have worked, but I'm now receiving the error message "The type initializer for 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception.

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

skylo
12-14-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm using microsoft security essentials and the default windows firewall. I had previously tried changing the listed files to "run as admin" and this didn't correct the error. Tried this again in case I had missed one of the files and same error message is appearing. When I change these files to run as admin HEM actually loads and works fine, but as soon as I close and later reopen I begin receiving the error message again. I have tried opening from a short cut link and also from the executale file in the HEM folder.

netsrak
12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Are you really setting "Run as admin" in the compatibility tab of the 3 exe files?

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Are you really setting "Run as admin" in the compatibility tab of the 3 exe files?

I got that impression also. Make sure you aren't just doing: right-click > run as administrator. That only works once.

Please try a clean reinstall of HM using Revo. Make sure you make a copy of your current \holdem manager folder before you uninstall it. Also make sure you have your license code handy, as you may need it.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20816

After reinstalling HM double check those 3 executables > right-click > compatibility tabs to be sure they are still set to [x] run as administrator.

skylo
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Okay I have it now. When I was right clicking the exe. files there was a "run as admin line in the popup menu" I was clicking. This would work one time only. I now opened and check marked properties/compatibilty/run this file as an admin. Thanks for the help.