PDA

View Full Version : Can HEM impoet HH from Holdem Indicator?

jjakque
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
If so how is it done?

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 02:29 AM
I doubt it. I have never used HI. Does it actually save hands and have an export function? Does it move/archive the original hands? If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

Netpaul
12-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Holdem indicator does save hands in a MYSql database, which I have been able to look at successfully with a utility program.

As far as exporting, HI doesn't do that directly, but the utility does it just fine, putting out CSV files.

Unfortunately, someone else from HM2 just told me that you guys don't import CSV files at this point. I'd recommend that as an upgrade. It would get you my business, for sure.

udbrky
12-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it in the near future and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people show support for it in the future. There just really is not much demand for HI imports.

The hand histories should be saved from the site. There should be a folder where HI moves them.

Netpaul
12-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I don't think it's just a matter of HI imports. As a long time IT guy, I'd say one of the weak spots of your product is that you support a very a small set of online poker sites. US players in particular, have a lot of limitations in what sites they can join - especially for someone from a state like NY, NJ, which have additional restrictions beyond the federal ones. If you imported CSV files, that would give people a way to use your software even if you didn't have a direct connection to their online site.

fozzy71
12-24-2014, 11:26 AM
We only import hands in their original format that are created when playing live on sites we support (or if the site can send old hands in their original format). We have no short-term plans to support import of CSV files.