PDA

View Full Version : player cache upgrade problem

jayr209
12-12-2009, 01:07 PM
hi guys,

recently i installed windows7 and therefore backedup and restored my DB. However, after installing HM and running it for the first time the player cache upgrade pops up and i click on start. everything goes well until i need to my player alias to the list. i can find my name but it does not appear in the list when i click "select". Something must go wrong here and i dont know what. each time i restart HM the same popups appear.

thanks for help

edit: just discovered another problem. when i try to run any reports this message appears:

"Connection establishment timeout. increase timeout value in connectionstring"

netsrak
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Something is wrong with your postgresql installation. Have you any firewall installed?

Did you check this? http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21121

jayr209
12-13-2009, 05:35 PM
yes i checked that link and yes i m using KIS 2010. however i installed postgress on a "clean" system (was one of my first installations on W7) and before having any anti virus set up.

i m now trying to export all hands from the recovered DB, create a new one and import them again. good choice?

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Yes. Do you have any other old hands? Perhaps from your \HMArchive folder? Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

jayr209
12-14-2009, 06:29 AM
ok thanks for that advice. one more question, do you think its faster if i use the hand export funktion from the HM db management feature or doesnt it make any difference if i just import all my archived hand histories? (since the i m exporting hands for about 14h now...)

netsrak
12-14-2009, 08:02 AM
The export is just a further step if you don't have the original hands. If you have them you can skip this.
Makes no performance difference.