PDA

View Full Version : Reg Code Issue With New Op System

probability
12-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi,

I recently put Fozzy through hell trying to fix my database which he did. This was because I had just upgraded to Windows 7 32bit. Then I figured out I could run 64 bit and just installed today.

When I open HEM I get a pop up that says...

In order to use HEM an admin must grant permission at least once.

To grant permissions to the ap, select the "authorize" button and ask an admin to enter their log in info.

So I hit the btn and it says...

A valid licence could not be obtained please contact RVG for assistance

Just to make sure it was not to easy to fix I decided to reinstall HEM and now I can't update to the most current version because HEM can not replace a few files.

Please let me know what information you need.

Thanks in advance.

edit: I went to the beta reg system and it keeps asking me for my password and never logs me in.

fozzy71
12-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi,

I recently put Fozzy through hell trying to fix my database which he did. This was because I had just upgraded to Windows 7 32bit. Then I figured out I could run 64 bit and just installed today.

When I open HEM I get a pop up that says...

So I hit the btn and it says...

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Just to make sure it was not to easy to fix I decided to reinstall HEM and now I can't update to the most current version because HEM can not replace a few files.

This is because part(s) of HM have not shut down properly, most often this is HMImport.exe. You can try to end the HM processes in the Task Manager or the easiest solution is to reboot and then run the update before you start HM.

edit: I went to the beta reg system and it keeps asking me for my password and never logs me in.

If you have never been there before you have to register before you can login. It does not use the same forum login info, unless you register on that suite with the same details.

probability
12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

I am using the microsoft free AV and windows firewall. HEM is in the exceptions list allready

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

These are all set up to run as admin

This is because part(s) of HM have not shut down properly, most often this is HMImport.exe. You can try to end the HM processes in the Task Manager or the easiest solution is to reboot and then run the update before you start HM.

I have updated HEM ty.

If you have never been there before you have to register before you can login. It does not use the same forum login info, unless you register on that suite with the same details.

I did register and it does not work for me.

Thanks

probability
12-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I still can't use HEM, idk if that was clear from my last post.

fozzy71
12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Enable the options to see Hidden Files and System Protected Files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

3. Update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you can't find those files, DO NOT delete any other files with similar names.

Please send your Reg.log from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder to support@holdemmanager.net.

probability
12-13-2009, 02:02 AM
log files shipped

probability
12-13-2009, 05:22 AM
OK Fozzy,

Fabio emailed me and I got HEM registered.

I can not connect to the server again, same issue as before.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=22686

Thanks

fozzy71
12-13-2009, 12:08 PM
OK Fozzy,

Fabio emailed me and I got HEM registered.

I can not connect to the server again, same issue as before.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=22686

Thanks

That ended up forcing me to reinstall a clean DB, correct? We werent able to save the old (huge) DB? Did you import all your archives already? Or is the DB relatively new still?

Email me again, and lets see if I can find a way around this connection issue this time.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/TeamViewerQS.exe. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

probability
12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
That ended up forcing me to reinstall a clean DB, correct? We werent able to save the old (huge) DB? Did you import all your archives already? Or is the DB relatively new still?

Yes, you had to install a new database. I have not imported anything else. it is as you left it.

Email me again, and lets see if I can find a way around this connection issue this time.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/TeamViewerQS.exe. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Will ship a mail now

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Will ship a mail now

Replied to. Will see you some time tomorrow.