PDA

View Full Version : HEM + Absolute Poker freezing up (#2 split from other thread)

scrosby
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I have been having the same problem for a few weeks now. This has been happening on my laptop and my desktop.

Laptop:
Windows XP, 2GB RAM, Dell Inspiron E 1505

Desktop:
Windows Vista, 4GB RAM, Dell Studio 540

On both computers:
Holdemmanager version 1.09.03, basic Firewall that comes with Windows
I had Mcafe Virus on both computers but unistalled it a week ago to see if that would help my problem (it didn't help)

I have also tried all the preformance tips on both computers.

I will reproduce the problem today and get the log file and screenshot.

scrosby
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Attached is the screenshot of my Task Manager after Absolute Poker froze. This is for my desktop. I will be e-mailing you the log file as well.

scrosby
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Attached is the screenshot of my Task Manager for my laptop. I will e-mail the log file.

scrosby
12-13-2009, 01:48 PM
I was just wondering if there is any update on what is going on?

netsrak
12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Did you try to delete the Log files like mentioned in the other thread?
I think its more a Absolute Poker problem than a Holdemmanager problem.

scrosby
12-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I tried deleting all the .agr files and the two .log files that were there:
MB_ERR.LOG^^20091210 and MB_ERR.LOG^^20091211.

It didn't work.

Do I want to delete the rest of the .txt files in my poker application folder?
Attached are the other .txt files in my poker application folder.

JPFisher55
12-14-2009, 06:05 PM
IMO, this is an Absolute Poker problem. I delete all .agr files and log files in my poker application folder. I have turned off the HEM log files. Still, only in the early evening, I sometimes have the AP game program freeze. Usually, deleting all the .agr and .log files in the poker application folder and restarting takes care of the problem, but it still happens about once a day usually in the early evening.

AP tech support can't fix it. So I live with it.

scrosby
12-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Living with it isn't really an option. Some days are really bad and it freezes up like 6 times. This becomes very frustrating and almost unbearable, especially when it happens when i'm in the middle of a big pot.

netsrak
12-15-2009, 05:04 AM
I'll forward it for further help.

B-Money
12-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Living with it isn't really an option. Some days are really bad and it freezes up like 6 times. This becomes very frustrating and almost unbearable, especially when it happens when i'm in the middle of a big pot.

We're actively looking into this.

Can you PM me your email address so I can look up your correspondents with us? Log files that you sent in, etc.

How many tables are you playing? Does it happen just playing 1 or 2 tables?
How long into a session does it normally happen?
What game, stakes, 7-duece? Anything that can help us here.
Do you have the latest video card drivers? Probably not an issue since both your desktop and laptop have issues.
You mention some days are worse than others. Is there anything different about your computer these days? Left it on overnight, other programs running, etc.

Once we have all the details we can test for this issue better. If we end up grinding AP for 4 hours and don't get the crash we're right back to square 1. Anything you can do to help us with detailing the problem before we grind will greatly help us in solving the problem.

Also, the research I've done so far suggests that AP/UB are the biggest resource hogs of all poker clients.

Thanks,
-Brent

JPFisher55
12-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Brent, I too have this problem. It usually occurs in the early evening, but it happened this afternoon. I play 6 tables and normally it happens soon after I join the sixth table or not at all. Deleting all .agr and .log files from the poker application/absolute poker folder helps.

It really doesn't matter what else I have done with the computer. I run a Dell 430S Inspiron with Vista Home Premium and 4Gig of RAM.

It is very intermittent. I have had chat sessions with AP tech support, but could not duplicate it with them. Turbo tables will often cause it so I avoid them, but playing at turbo tables with AP tech support did not produce the game freeze. The AP game freezes; not the HUD or HEM. AP tech support blames HEM, but I'm not sure that they are correct. It has happened after today 's AP update.

What files can I save to email you that might help?

scrosby
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I normally play 10-12 tables, but there are times when it freezes very early in my session and I have only gotten into around 4 tables. It seems very random when it happens. Some days it happnes right away and all the time and some days it won't happen for a couple hours and then won't happen again the rest of the day. Some days it doesn't happen at all. I play mostly 1/2 and 2/4 NLHE 6max. I play all the types of tables except turbo and 72 tables. To my knowledge, I don't think there is anything different with my computers on the days that it freezes a lot. As for video card drivers, I have no idea. I did purchase my desktop in April though, so it is very new.

B-Money
12-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Brent, I too have this problem. It usually occurs in the early evening, but it happened this afternoon. I play 6 tables and normally it happens soon after I join the sixth table or not at all. Deleting all .agr and .log files from the poker application/absolute poker folder helps.

It really doesn't matter what else I have done with the computer. I run a Dell 430S Inspiron with Vista Home Premium and 4Gig of RAM.

It is very intermittent. I have had chat sessions with AP tech support, but could not duplicate it with them. Turbo tables will often cause it so I avoid them, but playing at turbo tables with AP tech support did not produce the game freeze. The AP game freezes; not the HUD or HEM. AP tech support blames HEM, but I'm not sure that they are correct. It has happened after today 's AP update.

What files can I save to email you that might help?

Thanks for the extra information guys!

If you could turn on logging in HUD Options / Table Preferences, then send the log.txt file immediately after a crash to bclearman@holdemmanager.net I'd appreciate it.
You can find the log.txt file in c:\program files\rvg software\holdem manager\logs

I normally play 10-12 tables, but there are times when it freezes very early in my session and I have only gotten into around 4 tables. It seems very random when it happens. Some days it happnes right away and all the time and some days it won't happen for a couple hours and then won't happen again the rest of the day. Some days it doesn't happen at all. I play mostly 1/2 and 2/4 NLHE 6max. I play all the types of tables except turbo and 72 tables. To my knowledge, I don't think there is anything different with my computers on the days that it freezes a lot. As for video card drivers, I have no idea. I did purchase my desktop in April though, so it is very new.

If there's one thing to keep updated on a PC, it's video cards. Maybe not the solution here, but I do suggest keeping your video card drivers up to date.

Links below:
Nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us)
ATI (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx)

Thanks again and we'll work hard on getting to the bottom of this.

-B

B-Money
12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Is this problem happening to anyone on Ultimate Bet too?

What about Windows 7?

Feel free to chime in and say it's happening to you as well. I'd also love to know if some people have no issues with UB/AP. We're trying to find out if it's just a handful of people this is happening too. All this helps in us getting to the bottom of the problem.

Thanks,
-B

deathduck
12-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I have been having this problem for a while and I just ordered my free upgrade to windows 7 from vista to hopefully fix it. I'll report back in ~2 weeks when I get it and let you guys know if it still freezes up.

B-Money
12-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I have been having this problem for a while and I just ordered my free upgrade to windows 7 from vista to hopefully fix it. I'll report back in ~2 weeks when I get it and let you guys know if it still freezes up.

Great Thanks!

On a side note: We have been trying to duplicated this with no luck. 1 person played 1,000 hands in a couple hours, the other person opened up 8 tables, posted blinds, then sat out over and over for a while.

The Developer would like to know if everyone that is having crashes is using "Live Tracking"? (It's in HUD Options / Site Options)
Is there a difference if you don't use Live Tracking?

Thanks,
-B

scrosby
12-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I am not using Track Live Hands.

JPFisher55
12-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Great Thanks!

On a side note: We have been trying to duplicated this with no luck. 1 person played 1,000 hands in a couple hours, the other person opened up 8 tables, posted blinds, then sat out over and over for a while.

The Developer would like to know if everyone that is having crashes is using "Live Tracking"? (It's in HUD Options / Site Options)

Thanks,
-B

I have definitely noticed that you are more likely to have a crash when you start a new session after an old session and did not delete the .agr and .log files in your poker application/absolute poker folder. However, this bug is very intermittent. I never use live tracking.

deathduck
12-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Great Thanks!

Thanks,
-B

It would be difficult to duplicate. From what I've read on forums, not everyone with vista has the problem, and those of us who do, it is a rare occurrence where seemingly nothing in particular sets it off.

As far as deleting .Agr and .log files go, I tried this but it still froze. The freezing frequency is so weird I can't really tell if it's freezing more or less when I delete these files.

Also, I tried to test it mass multitabling 2NL when I was trying to get a HEM log file and it wouldn't crash. The client seemed to run much better at 2NL than at 50NL, so maybe this only happens at 50NL or 50NL+ or just not 2NL... I don't know.

It's a tough one :(

JPFisher55
12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I've only had it happen at NL50 and NL100.

deathduck
12-31-2009, 05:58 AM
I can now confirm that it still freezes in windows 7. I'm even using W7 firewall instead of comdo or anything, HEM is still running when it freezes so I think it's a problem with the main client.

D4N1L01990
01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I am having this problem too. I play NL10, 6 or 9 tables on windows 7. I noticed that this problem occurs only on absolute poker and not on ultimate bet, so I send an email to the support and they told me to close all the applications that can take lots of internet resources while playing, like megamanager and to look at the firewall configuration, but I think that the problem is in the software.

B-Money
01-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I can now confirm that it still freezes in windows 7. I'm even using W7 firewall instead of comdo or anything, HEM is still running when it freezes so I think it's a problem with the main client.

I am having this problem too. I play NL10, 6 or 9 tables on windows 7. I noticed that this problem occurs only on absolute poker and not on ultimate bet, so I send an email to the support and they told me to close all the applications that can take lots of internet resources while playing, like megamanager and to look at the firewall configuration, but I think that the problem is in the software.

Yes, I'm keeping a close eye on this issue. It doesn't make sense because UB and AP are on the same network now, but their clients are very different. I think it's this different client that is causing the problem.

Since they are the same, if you don't have an account on UB you can make one and get rakeback. You'll still have the exact same game selection and I personally think UB software is easier to use, but that's just personal preference.

We've tried duplicating the problem here several times but have struck out every time.

If anyone can find a key trigger for this, please let us know and we'll investigate further, but right now it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, and that needle might not even be ours once we do find it.

GL,
-B

deathduck
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I had a long email conversation with AP support about this and the conclusion they gave me was 'plug your computer in to the network instead of using wireless'. Lately I've been playing with my computer plugged in and it hasn't frozen in a while.

Also, I have a infrared sensor for a controller (play pause volume ect...) in my labtop, this makes up two devices on the device manager. It used to cause some issues with oblivion so I have uninstalled it for good measure.

Running this way I have had one freeze in about 2 weeks ago which is far better than before. So I guess windows 7 + plugged in + uninstall infrared = very rare freezing =p.