PDA

View Full Version : mac install for HM and postgresql

BAM21
12-10-2009, 10:28 PM
My friend just got a Mac computer and is trying to install HM. Are there any specific instructions for install on a Mac? We downloaded Postgresql and unzipped to the desktop but when we try to open it is looking for an application to open it.
Please help.

Patvs
12-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Please run PostgreSQL and HEM on a Mac using a Virtual Windows PC:
Use VMware, Bootcamp or Parallels. (that run a Virtual XP, Vista or Windows 7)

HEM does not run on the default Mac operation system.

Download the one-click installer from postgresql.org, that doesn't require a special program to open/unzip it

fozzy71
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
HM does not support MAC directly yet. You will need to use Bootcamp, VMWare Fusion, etc, so you can install Windows.

deacydo
12-11-2009, 02:51 AM
i just got a new comp and am trying to reinstall hem. when i get to initialize database cluster and enter password "postgrespass" hit next and it says "The 'secondary logon' service is not running. Please start this service and try again later". what should i do?

fozzy71
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
i just got a new comp and am trying to reinstall hem. when i get to initialize database cluster and enter password "postgrespass" hit next and it says "The 'secondary logon' service is not running. Please start this service and try again later". what should i do?

Why did you post in this thread about mac installation?

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services > secondary logon > right-click > start AND right-click > properties > startup type: automatic.