PDA

View Full Version : Trojan message, unable to open HEM

empeekay
12-10-2009, 08:47 PM
im trying to open me HEM and am getting the message:

detected: generic backdoor!bhg (trojan), generic backdoog!bhg (trojan)
etc etc (can give more info if necessary)

a friend told me my mcafee thinks HEM is a trojan, whats up?

Thanks,
Matt

edit- it says trojan removed at the top then mcafee has automatically blocked and removed a trojan then it says what i originally posted

edit edit- i'd be more than happy to teamviewer it up if someone wants to help

fozzy71
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
This is an old false-positive bug.

Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appl iance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

bigjtmoney2k
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I just opened up HM mid game to find out that I am getting this same error message. I have Vista

H E L P!

christ11
12-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I have a problem like above 2 people.My system let not open the Hem.If I am trying it shows error message and crashed.some times my system is automatically restarts.
Please Help!what should I do?

WahineLil
12-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I just opened up HM mid game to find out that I am getting this same error message. I have Vista

H E L P!

The solution posted above your post will work for Vista -- at least, it worked for me running Windows Vista. I had to do a search, I think, to find the right folder -- just search for that xenocode folder & follow the instructions in the post right above yours.

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 03:11 AM
If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

Chris42163
12-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I followed the instructions in your first post in this thread to the letter, fozzy. After I ran the update, I started HEM and the program functioned the first time, but even then Norton found that the HUD is a backdoor trojan.

Another attempt to load the program resulted in Norton finding HMimport.exe was a backdoor trojan.

I am using 64-bit Vista, and after the HMupdate my current beta seems to be 1.09 beta23a. It's awfully hard to tell though because the program gets shut down as soon as it opens.

Do you have better instructions elsewhere? If so, please provide a link.

Thanks,

Chris Arnold

fozzy71
12-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

Chris42163
12-21-2009, 10:49 AM
I tried that, but apparently I'm an idiot. I downloaded the file and then ran it. HEM was closed. The computer had just been rebooted. What did I do wrong?:confused:

Chris42163
12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Ok, now I've got it. Once again I tried to update it from the wrong folder. Made a note for myself this time so I don't have to bother you about it again. Sorry,

Chris