PDA

View Full Version : party freezes ~1-3 times per hour

tompoker88
12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Hello,

The symptomatics of the problem is that PartyPoker freezes and Windows asks me, if i want to close or search for a solution. After i have closen Party, i can instantly reload it. This occures about 1-3 times in an hour and on every of my 3 machines! Those are Win XP Pro, WIN 7 Pro 64bit and WIN Vista Home 32 bit. 2 of those machines use 2GB RAM, the other 4GB.

I used Kaspersky but use now ESET because of problems with the former. Those freezes seem to be independent from virus software, machine and operating system.

I use the english client and standard/old layout, newest FreePHG (happened with an older version, too) and a BetPot-script.

It also occures when the HUD is off or when only 1-tabling at the same frequency. Only when i stop the import, it never occured (but i did not test this on an extended session).

Please help me with this problem, since it already cost me MUCH money and annoys me to no end.

Greetings,
Tom

Edit:
The problem occured with any of the recent (or older) HEM versions, be it 1.0x, 1.09, or the newest beta 1.10x.

Patvs
12-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator.

Add exceptions to Windows Defender, yourr anti virus software and windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Also add partypoker.exe (or whatever the main program. exe is called to the exceptions list (and run as admin list)

tompoker88
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Following steps i have done on my Windows 7 computer:

-updated to the version you have linked
-updated to .Net Framework 4 Beta 2 (x86_x64)
-added exceptions in Windows Defender for RVG Software and PartyGaming folders
-added exceptions on both, ESET Smart Security and Windows Firewall, for both, UDP and TCP in both directions, for: HmHud, Holdem Manager, HMImport, DBControlPanel, PartyGaming MFC Application, PGDetector.exe, CleanUp.exe and RunApp MFC Application
-PartyPoker is already running with admin rights, same with all of the three applications you mentioned

The problem still occures!

Patvs
12-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Reinstall PartyPoker?

It seems a Party or hardware conflict.
I have no other ideas.

tompoker88
12-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Since it occures on 3 different machines with mostly different components, a hardware conflict should be excluded.
Furthermore, recent Party-softwareupdates haven't changed anything about that problem.

As i mentioned in my first post, the problem seems to not occure when not importing. Got any ideas about import folders and such?
At the moment, my auto import foler is only PartyGaming\PartyPoker\Handhistory + subfolders.

fozzy71
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

tompoker88
12-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Here is my holdemmanager.config file.

Thank you for looking into this.

netsrak
12-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Please try playing without FreePHG to see if it makes a difference.