PDA

View Full Version : huge problem with HM

r0k
12-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I cant connect to www.holdemmanager.net and also i cant use HM...
Forum is working fine.

alocmrlj
12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I have the same problems as above, cant get my HM started. Also the web-page www.holdemmanager.net is not reachable for me but i have no problems reaching http://forums.holdemmanager.com.

I can also reach http://64.77.69.66/ (which is same as www.holdemmanager.net) without any problems.

Please advice

Cheers,
a

r0k
12-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi,

we are sorry for the technical difficulties you are experiencing.
The problem is temporary and was caused when the company that host our servers reset the DNS records which tells how to resolve which IP address HoldemManager.net is located at.
You will be able to access the website and/or use your existing copy of HM/OM as soon as your ISP updates their DNS record for HoldemManager.net
The vast majority of ISP’s have already updated their DNS information and most others should updated within the next few hours.

Once again, our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Fabio

problem solved :)

TommyDelly
12-11-2009, 11:12 AM
how long is since u changed dns? And how long is usually taking for isp to change them.

And how come that same thing happened to me.I had same version for few months nov registered, but when i started up my HM today i could not get in, since it showed me i am not registered... While my brother who is using cd key 1 can get in normaly.. And we are both in sam isp. And from both computers holdemmanager.net is not accesable, while ip adress is.

Well .. can u give me what dnss should be like so i can contact my isp and ask about refrashing them?

fozzy71
12-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Here is a possible temporary fix:

1) Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, copy the hosts file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2) Scroll to the bottom and add the following line: 66.77.69.66 holdemmanager.net
3) Save and close the file.
4) Copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
5) Overwrite the existing file if being asked.

Please note, that you have to remove this line after 3-4 days from the file again.

TommyDelly
12-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Here is a possible temporary fix:

1) Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, copy the hosts file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2) Scroll to the bottom and add the following line: 66.77.69.66 holdemmanager.net
3) Save and close the file.
4) Copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
5) Overwrite the existing file if being asked.

Please note, that you have to remove this line after 3-4 days from the file again.

I tried that but it doesnt work... if i change ip adress to 64.77.69.66 then i can open your site in browser if i type holdemmanager.net.
But with either ip 66.xx.xx.xx and 64.xx.xx.xx in hosts file i still cant run HM.. When i open it my only choice is to activate online or cancel.And if i try activate online it says remote name could not be resolved "www.holdemmanager.net".... I am using win7.. Is there maybee any other way to go around this?
Otherwise i am afraid i could not use HM for more than 24 hours since TTL for refrashing dns is 97538s and i really need HM 4 hours from now.

TommyDelly
12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
thank u very much for your help .. I made some modifications and i succesfully registered... it was wrong ip and www was missing infront of holdemmanager.net

Thanks again for your help

babapapa
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I've added 64.77.69.66 www.holdemmanager.net in this hosts-file. But it's still not working. Any more comments to solve this issue ?
Thx

fozzy71
12-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately it is out of our hands at this point. We have to wait for our hosting company to sort out the routing issues.