PDA

View Full Version : Weird HEM + Win 7 64bit issue

Tirppa
12-10-2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.pilipali.info/misc/hemissue.jpg

The program runs fine, but the initialization window crashes.

Tirppa
12-10-2009, 09:24 AM
For now, I've corrected the issue by running holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe in vista sp2 compatibility mode. Can I send some crash reports somewhere for you guys to try to fix the issue? Oh and move this thread to the bug reports.

fozzy71
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
For now, I've corrected the issue by running holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe in vista sp2 compatibility mode. Can I send some crash reports somewhere for you guys to try to fix the issue? Oh and move this thread to the bug reports.

Were they set to run as admin? Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Tirppa
12-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes they are set to run as admin. I'm using avast. The funny thing is that it worked one time without the compatibility mode but then started crashing again. Now in Vista SP2 compatibility mode it hasn't crashed once.

fozzy71
12-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I have forwarded this thread to my colleagues for some suggestions, before I make my next recommendation.

fozzy71
12-10-2009, 01:07 PM
This seems to be an issue specific to unregistered HM installations on W7. Have you purchased and entered a license yet or still using the trial version? Do you plan on purchasing? You may need to purchase a license to use it now and take advantage of our 10 day refund option if you decide you dont want it.

Tirppa
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I had some activation issues. It is now registered and activated. But it still didn't work. I'll have to try again after some reboots.

Tirppa
12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Few reboots and it seems to work now.

fozzy71
12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
We are sorry for the technical difficulties you are experiencing. The problem is temporary and was caused when the company that host our servers reset the DNS records which tells how to resolve which IP address HoldemManager.net is located at. You will be able to access the website and/or use your existing copy of HM/OM as soon as your ISP updates their DNS record for HoldemManager.net The vast majority of ISP’s have already updated their DNS information and most others should updated within the next few hours. Once again, our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.”