PDA

View Full Version : PostreSQL problem, running out of free space :/

DaGrunt
12-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Hey,

I have the following problem. My PostreSQL db is stored on C:\Program Files\PostreSQL and the directory is 9 gigabytes and growing. The bad thing about this is that the size of my C:\ drive overall is only 17 gigabytes. Currently I have like 1 megabyte of free space and there simply isn't much besides the PostreSQL database to remove to make free space. I do however have another hard drive, D:\, which is 450 gigabytes total and has plenty of free space.

My question is, how do I transfer the PostreSQL database from C:\ to D:\ ? I'd also like to set it up in a way where any new PostreSQL files go directly to the new folder in D:\ instead of C:\.

My Holdem Manager is installed on D:\ so it seems kinda weird for the huge PostreSQL database to locate itself onto C:\ ... how do I fix this? I have to warn you I suck a lot when it comes to doing things like this so please input instructions as detailed as possible. Thanks a lot!!!

netsrak
12-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Moving the Postgresql data folder is a complicate thing with editing configurations files and the registry.
So i suggest you make a backup, uninstall Postgresql and reinstall it on D:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?topicid=20&faqid=101

DaGrunt
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
How do I find out my PostreSQL password?

nvm, guessed it. I'll post if I get more questions, thanks.

On a completely irrelevant note, when is HEM starting to support the £/€ tables on iPoker and will there be a way to convert the amount of winnings to proper $ amounts? Thanks!

netsrak
12-10-2009, 04:47 PM
It will be in one of the next betas but we are not sure whether there will be another conversion way than importing the hands into a new database.