PDA

View Full Version : ways to manage the databases in HM, observed hands?

Jun
07-15-2008, 08:11 PM
i have couple of concerns about using HM instead of PT to manage my poker databases.

1. how to manage the observed hands in HM. i canot simple adding all of the observed hands into my database and no way to get rid of them after couple of months of time. I will not need them and it will grow my dabase size.

2. exporting hand.
i don't see any menu tell me if i can export hand from HM db using all of the filters.

3. i have been using HM HUD with stars 4 tabling with no problems. i would like to know if i will have lagging issues with fulltilt 16 tabling.

-jun

Jun
07-16-2008, 12:40 AM
nobody cares?

morny
07-16-2008, 06:07 AM
i have couple of concerns about using HM instead of PT to manage my poker databases.

1. how to manage the observed hands in HM. i canot simple adding all of the observed hands into my database and no way to get rid of them after couple of months of time. I will not need them and it will grow my dabase size.

2. exporting hand.
i don't see any menu tell me if i can export hand from HM db using all of the filters.

3. i have been using HM HUD with stars 4 tabling with no problems. i would like to know if i will have lagging issues with fulltilt 16 tabling.

-jun

1) Holdem Manager has been running 10 million+ hh databases efficently so unless your doing an obscene amount of datamining the performance of the HUD shouldnt be effected much wheter youve 500k hands or 10 million. There will be a purge feature which can delete hands based on filters you can set, date, level, where pot didnt see showdown etc but it wont be fully functional until a later release. There is one now that can purge the hh but it dosent delete the stats but will free up additional space if this is a worry.

2) http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12 1st paragraph

3) The last few releases have improved speed and performance quite a bit so you shouldnt have any problems but a small few have had some problems so i suggest openening 16 tables with the free trial before purchasing to be sure. Multiple Panels have caused some problems with alot of tables so again if you plan on using multiple panels instead of 1 panel per player then again test this with the free trial first to be sure.