PDA

View Full Version : Cant import files after purging some hands and manual vacuum

Joshbk1981
12-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi.

I had a small issue with HEM. I believe the internet connection was being a bit intermittent and HEM had an issues verifying it was registered. It loaded saying I had 15 days of trial use or whatever, and that if this wasnt right I should reboot. I rebooted and it worked fine.

Then after playing a session, HUD and everything was working fine, but it had an issue loading the "sessions" tab under "cash games." After the session, I rebooted, and HEM was working fine but not displaying anything new in the sessions tab.

I got emailed the 500 or so hands from the session of 90 minutes and added them. HEM said it found 15 or so new hands, and the rest were duplicates. Then under the sessions tab it showed 2 split sessions of 7 hands each.

So, I purged the bulk of these sessions from the database, as the session roughly started just before midnight ET on 8th and carried over to the 9th, so I purged all hands from the 9th. I then did a manual vacuum.

Now thats done, I go to import the hands I have in a text file and it doesnt work. I go to import files, select the files, and it states below import progress "found 0 files to process."

fozzy71
12-09-2009, 12:32 PM
You have to trick HM to import a file it has previously imported.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Joshbk1981
12-09-2009, 01:45 PM
TY for the reply.

I managed to get it to import the handhistories it was having issues with by changing the filename.

Still though the hands from 8th are not showing up in the sessions tab but the hands from the 9th which I purged and re-added are.

The hands from the 8th are in the database as when I add them it states they are duplicated hands.

I guess purge all hands from the 8th and 9th and then add them again to fix the issue with the sessions tab using the total amount of data in the database?

netsrak
12-09-2009, 03:17 PM
You should first try a reindex of your database via pgadmin -> maintenance

Joshbk1981
12-10-2009, 01:03 AM
reindexed but the hands are still missing out of the sessions tab.

i think the fix will be to purge and readd all that days HH but I wont go to that effort.

Missing half the hands from one session is not an issue, just marginally messes with the $ and $/hour tabs.